1. 1. What browser do you use on a regular basis

• Internet explorer 6-7
    • Internet Explorer 8
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Google Chrome
    • Safari
    • A.N.Other (please state in thread)

I use firefox almost exclusively however the memory leak has been causing me problems recently and its been a real PITA (cost me 2 hours work last week). I've been thinking about trying Chrome but haven't got round to it yet.

I use firefox almost exclusively however the memory leak has been causing me problems recently and its been a real PITA (cost me 2 hours work last week). I've been thinking about trying Chrome but haven't got round to it yet.

How did you come to loose 2hrs work because of it Rob?

Steve

I was completing an e-tender and updating our Achilles profile. The tender was split into several sections, but you couldn't move on to the next section (saving your current section) until all questions had been answered. As I had written all the answers by hand earlier I was typing them up onto the form and attaching relevant documents when FF decided it was going to crash:(.

Gutted, didn't even begin to cover how I felt...

Edited by tdirob
rubbish spelling

Hmmm, yeah - tricky one! Was just wondering whether the 'Session Manager' addon would have covered you. It makes a good job of recovering chrashed sessions, but not sure how it would cope with any 'live' data you were entering.

Steve

Hmmm, yeah - tricky one! Was just wondering whether the 'Session Manager' addon would have covered you. It makes a good job of recovering chrashed sessions, but not sure how it would cope with any 'live' data you were entering.

Steve

I think ive delt with achillies.. can be quite a PITA on getting it to work properly because of the browser features it uses..

Stuff like that is the only reason i use IE really because of shoddy web programming or reliance on active-x and other naff technologies

I think ive delt with achillies.. can be quite a PITA on getting it to work properly because of the browser features it uses..

Stuff like that is the only reason i use IE really because of shoddy web programming or reliance on active-x and other naff technologies

Yep, I used to struggle with Achilles and FF and I had to use IE to update it. It looks like they've sorted things out recently though as I've been able to use FF. I did wonder if that was what caused me problems last week.

When you consider what we and every other user have to pay to use the site, you think they'd be able to make it work properly with every browser...

Used to be mainly FF, with IE7 far some sites and forums that didn't like FF.

Now hooked on Chrome (plus IE7 for same reasons as above)

FF with IEtab extension for stuff that just breaks in FF - such as Yahoo Answers.

Avant Browser - sits on IE Shell

Been using it for around 3 yrs - does everything I want and more

Tons and tons of options - very user friendly.

Tried Firefox, Chrome, Mozilla, Opera, bare IE versions, tons of other browsers that use IE as base - nothing comes close :P

Yikes you like living dangerously. All the flaws of IE, with some backdoors added in for your pleasure.

You're every hackers wet dream.

not really tried the IE yab addon to be honest. I downloaded it a while ago but I'm that used to having to open IE to view certain websites that I do it out of habit now...

Set it up to open stuff in IEtab automagically ;)

Another good extension is IE view, as I've found a few sites still bork in IEtab, and will only work in IE. I simply set the URL in IE view, and it'll open the IE browser for me.

Yikes you like living dangerously. All the flaws of IE, with some backdoors added in for your pleasure.

You're every hackers wet dream.

Avast Pro ! :P

Acronis TrueImage :rolleyes:

Backups on HD, USB HD, DVDs and DVDs in another place in the house.

I'm bombproof :D