Fuel Economy?

mdk1

As a question was asked in another thread, what sort of Fuel Economy do you get from your Roomster?

Mine is usually driven briskly on a mixture of roads to get 276566_41.png

As stated in the other thread, according to SpiritMonitor.de we average around 33mpg in our 1.4 petrol Roomster. However, that is only the last 3 refuellings - I think our overall average is about 36. We don't do enough long runs to get it much higher

Greetings to you all!

On a tank topping average I am getting around 50/54 since I picked the car up: thats worked out over 8000 miles.

Having done a long motorway run today I topped the tank up just for fun and was surprised to see 59.3 mpg. The run was very straightforward and the traffic was kind, sort of averaged 60 ish (about 2250 revs). Did a run to Edinburgh a while ago and that gave me 62 mpg, again no great rush there or back.

If you include all the about town stuff, which is the daily routine, I am quite OK with the 50ish mark over the total mileage.

Forgot to say, mine is an Olive Green, Roomster 2 (no tweaking save a few dozen dead flies)

Well my Furby has the same engine as the roomy and my MPG can be seen below, though that was on its very first tank, havent filled up for the 2nd time yet lol. My usual will probably be worse as i only do short journeys to work so it doesnt have time to build economy. Although when i did some christian motoring driving up to leeds at the weekend i got 63mpg, so about 58 actual.

I wondered about the maxiDot accuracy. On a 1500-mile check on my R3 1.9, doing initial and final fills at the same pump, I make the car's fuel consumption indication about 6% optimistic. Later checks confirm it. But I'm quite happy with a longish-term average of 53 mpg.

John

1.9Tdi. Dashboard figures are 45 mpg around town (except when traffic really congested), 55 mpg on any longer journey unless it's all v fast motorway, 60 mpg on gentle runs across country, and it's pretty well impossible to get less than 50 mpg, however hard I drive.

Stuart

Since I got the car in March08 I have been averaging 47MPG overall. I fill the tank and calculate the MPG from that. That includes two 10 day holidays towing a 1000kg caravan. Long individual runs have returned 50-52MPG, round the town can go as low as 40MPG.

Roomster Scout 1.9TDI

Fred

Edited by g6zru

I took my Scout to France 3 months ago full of camping gear 2 kids and wife. We did 1,400 miles round trip with a mixture of motorway and coastal roads. We averaged about 47 mpg. When I got back she had her first service, since the service the mpg has gone up and now I average about 53-54mpg. I must admit I am a bit disappointed in my average mpg when I drive on local roads but I only use the car in the mornings to take the boys to school which is around 6 miles so I guess the car has not warmed up properly by the time I get home. When I walk them to school I find I get the best mpg!