Rattles in Fabia vRS

Not long after getting my new vRS in April I noticed a rattle in the passenger door, took it to dealer, fixed it. Well pleased,

but now I have a dull rattle that seems to appear at low-ish speeds in the rear of the car, possibly from the boot. maybe the rear left hand side.

I thought it was the bobbly things on the strings on the parcel shelf, so i took the parcel shelf out, but the rattle was still there.

Then I took the head rests out, still there. But it is definately from the boot area.

My next job is to try takin the spare wheel out see if that is it.

Then I will try jacking it up and wiggling the suspension components, after that i will phone my dealer again but I'm not sure what they'll find.

Just wondered if anyone else has a similar rattle. it's annoying now I know it's there!

Cheers guys,

Dan

Ive picked up a few rattles now. But ive put it down to having uprated and stiffer suspension. Ive sorted a few of them, there is one that comes from the back, seems to go if I fold the seats down. Probably just needs the catches adjusting.

I used to have a Fabia 1.4 8v Classic which had a "suspension rattle" from the boot. The dealer told me that the way the spare wheel is screwed down can sometimes come a little loose. Rather than twisting the toolkit to tighten it, open the kit and twist the screw at the bottom.

I'm probably a mile off with this as it was on a fairly early Fabia and I'd expect the cause to have been dealt with by now.

I have one rattle and curiously it's the same as Dan's, it's definately from behind the drivers side and is a bobbly rattle (difficult to explain) I'm sure it's coming from the boot but this noise does not occur all the time.

I'll have the spare wheel out this weekend to look for the cause but if you find out what it is before me please let me know.

Cheers

Des

I have one rattle and curiously it's the same as Dan's, it's definately from behind the drivers side and is a bobbly rattle (difficult to explain) I'm sure it's coming from the boot but this noise does not occur all the time.
Some ideas:

Check the rear folding seat. Fold it down and see if the noise goes away. If so, then you need to adjust the rubber bung that sticks out off the wheel arch (it's easy to see when the seat is folded down) - simply turn it anti-clockwise a little bit to bring it forward. You have to experiment to get it right. Or get the dealer to do it. Watch out you don't remove it though!

Also check the grey 'carpet' in the boot where it goes up and is clipped in with two metal parts under the plastic housings with the rear speakers. (You remove this 'carpet' to get access to the rear light cluster).

These metal parts and the 'carpet' can work loose and then rattle...