Shake when turning off engine

cam7777

Hi All

My PD100 has started to shudder a bit when switching off the engine, would I be right in thinking something has gone wrong with the anti shudder valve?

Has anyone else had this issue? no faults are being logged...

All advise welcomed.

Best regards

Cam7777

If it's standard, I'd put money on your dogbone mount being shot, rather than anything else. Maybe the anti shudder valve is starting to play up too - that's your 2 areas to focus on first. Check the vacuum hose is attached to the round nippley thing on top of the EGR valve area (on left side of intake manifold). Then check the dogbone mount by rocking the engine in situ, with it turned off. If it clonks down below = new mount. If that seems OK I would then remove the whole EGR assembly and thoroughly clean it as it could well be sooted up inside, especially if high miles

Thanks for the replys.

I have squirted copious amounts of GT85 around the ASV linkage and it now seems OK.

Jason, I reckon you could be right about it maybe being a sooted up EGR, does anyone know if there is a guide on stripping and cleaning the EGR?

I have done a search but can't seem to find one.

Is it a straight forward job? do I need to buy a haynes??

Thanks again.

Is it a straight forward job? do I need to buy a haynes??

I don't think haynes is needed. :) You any good at stripping things down with a logical head? Well, that's what you need to do. There's 3 bolts that attach the EGR to the inlet manifold (allen key from memory) One bolt is a pain but when you've undone two it will spin a bit. Not sure how EGR pipe comes off the back. Boost pipe just unclips I believe. Once off, you can clean it thoroughly.

If you're feeling really brave you could remove the whole inlet manifold as well ;)

Had exactly the same thing on my vRS. When it went in for a 60k service/MOT it came back without said shudder.

On the MOT they found a split in the servo vacuum hose, so from what others say I would look at this.

Other work carried out included the fitting of a Sachs clutch, cambelt, suspension bushes. I thought perhaps it was the clutch but looks like it was the split hose.

Thanks very much, I do my own servicing and most repairs so will plan in an EGR strip and pipe check.

When help is needed, this website is the best!

Regards

Dont strip the EGR, just replace with the "power pipe" :thumbup: lol

At least you'd know for defo that it was the ASV lol ;) :P