Noisy tailgate on Roomy Scout

g6zru

Before I start to tear the tailgate apart I thought I'd ask here if anyone has had a similar problem. I did try a search but without success.

When I close the tailgate there is a noise on the righthand side, it sounds like something rolling around inside that tailgate panel. Also occasionally there is a noise from the boot area when driving usually when turning sharply, this sounds like something falling over in the boot.

Fred

2008 Roomster Scout 1.9TDi

How come the Scout has a plastic tailgate when all other models have metal?very strange :confused:

I can't think of a good reason it's only on the Scout other than maybe Skoda wanted to try it out and so have done so only on the Scout which has some different body parts to the normal models already.

It sounds very nice when you close the tailgate and I guess it saves weight too. I can well imagine more car panels will be made out of plastic in the future in order to save weight and improve fuel economy.

How come the Scout has a plastic tailgate when all other models have metal?very strange :confused:

The scout is the sport's roomster and all the others are pipe and slipper roomsters ....... so save weight on the scout :)

I'll get me coat. In all seriousness I think OctaviaT81 has hit the nail on the head, maybe it's a bit of a testbed putting it on the scout? It's certainly built / painted well enough.

Anyone with a MY2009 Roomster at all yet (not sure when they are rolling off the line) that can check on a 2 / 3 variant?