My attempt at football photography...

Allams Skoda

Yeah. The Sigma's 2.6kg. Handholding that is tiring after a while. I'm a wimp and got a cheap monopod which helps :o

Lady E, no kidney selling or weight lifting required to try it out if you want ;)

Bugger, you’re at the wrong end of the country :( but I appreciate the offer.:thumbup::)

I read a few reviews of this lens and it seems to be well respected. I wonder if they will put IS onto it eventually?

What is a kidney worth nowadays?

I can't believe how heavy some lenses are, I had a play with some of Scuffs equipment a few weeks ago and one of his Canon lens (can't remember which one) felt like it weighed about 2kg. Madness...

Come on James, a big strapping lad like you should have no trouble:)

Let me put it in to perspective, you tried the 70-200f2.8Lis on a 1dsII, so the lens weighs around 1.5kg

Normally, I will have that lens, plus a 300f2.8Lis at 2.5kg and the 500f4Lis at 3.87kg and another 1 series body. Last time out I was carrying them all around for 10 hours covering an air show. And yes it was worth it......

And I am only an 11 stone weakling (almost) :rofl:

Here is a visual comparison for you... :cool:

70-200 v 500mm

25793.attach

and the 300mm v 500mm

25794.attach

Edited by Scuff

Come on James, a big strapping lad like you should have no trouble:)

Let me put it in to perspective, you tried the 70-200f2.8Lis on a 1dsII, so the lens weighs around 1.5kg

Normally, I will have that lens, plus a 300f2.8Lis at 2.5kg and the 500f4Lis at 3.87kg and another 1 series body. Last time out I was carrying them all around for 10 hours covering an air show. And yes it was worth it......

And I am only an 11 stone weakling (almost) :rofl:

Here is a visual comparison for you... :cool:

70-200 v 500mm

[ATTACH]25793[/ATTACH]

and the 300mm v 500mm

[ATTACH]25794[/ATTACH]

Glad to see you are still looking after my 500mm Graham:D

• 3 weeks later...