Wet carpet

The The

I have just had my vrs back from the garage a week after all the door seals were replaced as water was getting into the rear near side foot well, unfortunately its still leaking in, does anybody have any idea where it could be getting in as only the one place is wet. Thanks Chaps.

Its just the rear passenger side only but plenty of water gets in and the windows are nicely misted up every time I get in, It is still under warranty so will be going back in next week I just didn't want them ripping all the trim off looking in the wrong places, they did say it was a common problem and Skoda make a kit which they fitted last week but it has made no difference, thanks for the replies.

Is your rear washer working ?

SWMBO's car had exactly this symptom and it was the washer pipe join that had opened up over the rear NS arch and was leaking the water under the carpet.

I only worked this out because of the bubbles !

If it is the rear passenger side then I would also suggest the rear washer pipe. There is a joint somewhere in that area which can pop off if the water freezes in the jet and you try to wash the rear window. Make sure you have plenty of screenwash of the correct concentration in the washer bottle otherwise they may try to get out of a warranty claim.

If it is the rear passenger side then I would also suggest the rear washer pipe. There is a joint somewhere in that area which can pop off if the water freezes in the jet and you try to wash the rear window. Make sure you have plenty of screenwash of the correct concentration in the washer bottle otherwise they may try to get out of a warranty claim.

Also make sure its Skoda approved washer fluid (from skoda)

so run some water through your jets.... then fill up with the proper skoda stuff ;):thumbup:

Also make sure its Skoda approved washer fluid (from skoda)

so run some water through your jets.... then fill up with the proper skoda stuff ;):thumbup:

Find that any proprietary screenwash mixed 50/50 to stop it freezing (with a dash of cheap thin washing up liquid -cheaper the better asit tends not to foam-just there to get rid of road grease) does the job ,and never in 30k+ have I had the problem .Currently filled with Asda stuff, but in past have used Morrisons etc .

Would idealy like to use that mix with Clearalix instead f washinf up liquid ,but who still sells -net info says Halfrauds -asked locally all I got was "what's that " -