5hits hitting the fan down here!

devonutopia

WOAH!! :eek:

Just seen a village not far from me suffering with a SERIOUSLY bad flood. The village of Boscastle in North East Cornwall is currently in the middle of one of the worst floods I've ever seen! Just seen some helicopter footage and almost the whole part of the village down by the river is underwater, and cars are being washed away and houses almost collapsing! :eek:

I wasn't there that long ago and to see the amount of water there is heading down the high street... :( I kept getting those "I was stood just there!" thoughts. I dread to think what the place will be like once the flood disappears because if anyone's been to boscastle, its one of the nicest little backwaters in Cornwall! :(

Peoples with ITN/BBC 24 hour news channels are probably looking at this now!

Yeah - that bridge had been there for longer than any of us have been alive.. well except Denis perhaps :P

Got some serious rain here now but I take heart from the fact I live on the top of a hill... Still - I think a visit to Boscastle will be in order when its all died down. I really liked the pub down there, and now I think of it, it wasn't far above the river level so I should think it's been totally devasted... :(

I just seen some better footage and stuff on the BBC news at 10... I tell yer what that village will NOT be the same ever again - there's LOADS of houses gone, various cars disappeared, and I saw some piled three high!

All I can say is thank GOD there's no-one been killed/drowned and the rescue choppers have done a sterling job at shifting people the hell outta there! Scarey how one small village in a valley can be so devastated by a little rain! (well 2" in 2 hours that is!)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was trying to identify them - saw a new pug on top of a pile, minus a front bumper, but missed the Skud. :(

Unbelievable though still - to see a place so quaint like that. Normally at this time of year you could walk across that stream through Boscastle with nothing more than a pair of wellies on! :rolleyes: Now its a 10 foot high wall of water!

:rofl: Anyone see his little blurb on the news? How blatant was it that he was reading from some sort of prompt cards - he kept looking down in the same spot and was talking a lot quicker than normal... I guess his prompting man was going a little quick for him. ;):rofl: