and so the mods begin

mooragerx7

does it clear speed bumps like that ?

Yip as long as they are the full road 1s not the silly little square hump things (normaly 3 across the road) as the engine tray catches those

Biggest problem was getting out of my mates workshop after we lowered it :D

Michael

• 4 months later...

I fitted them on a mates Polo recently.

That very set up.

I took the helper springs out and the adjusters out the rear when i fitted them for him.

Was very low and a very very bumpy ride.

IMG_1101.jpg

Use standard drop links with these.

those look like Ibiza FR wheels :D

Nice but not sure on the wheel colour ;)

Was that who came down with you when swapped lights?

You are right, straight off an FR.

No, the boy that was down with me has a 6N shape polo.

Sorry for the hijack mooragerx7.:o

• 5 weeks later...

A cupple of pics of stereo install now

Pioneer mp3 player with ipod connection

DSCF3396.jpg

Pioneer 3000w compition sub and keenwood 1800w rms amp

DSCF3395.jpg

And yes the sub is on a slant coz there were two of them both slanted differant ways :o

and on the coilover front they havent been put in yet as the thread isnt long enught to go though the top mount and the silver spring top bit on the coilover starting to get really frustrated with the wole thing now :orb_angry

• 2 months later...

Finally after 2 months of trying to conact the ppl who sold me the coilovers and getting them machined to fit they have been fitted and im not a happy bunny as they are ment to be drop down to 120mm you tell me is this a 120mm drop????

22082009058.jpg22082009059.jpg22082009060.jpg22082009061.jpg

22082009062.jpgI know im not acctually going to drive it around on a 120mm drop but it would have been nice to know that they would acctually go down that far if i wanted to also the 50mm springs i took out made it lower than it is on the collies (although it did f**k all the shocks in the process) and the ride is much nicer but it still has a little front end bounce but not enought to **** me off like it did with just the springs

as you can see they are all wound right down 22082009065.jpg22082009066.jpg22082009067.jpg22082009068.jpg

while we were changing these found out why iv gone though a set of front tyres in just over a month 22082009057.jpg

the driverside front strut had came out and twisted around :eek: not sure what iv hit

oh and you can also see from the pics iv tinted the rear windows too so a bit of and up date on that front and i think that these wheels are growing on me as iv had it on as a spear for a few of days18082009048.jpg

• 8 months later...

Looks good man! 50mm drop on just springs look pretty low ;)

it was lower than the coilies when i first put them on on but now its settled its about the same need to put sum new pics of her up now its settled

I've been considering lowering springs for a while, I'm after a 25mm drop and then change wheels and tyres to 215 40 17

I was concerned about excessive wear on the standard shocks...

This has made my mind up I think... :thumbup:

I've been considering lowering springs for a while, I'm after a 25mm drop and then change wheels and tyres to 215 40 17

I was concerned about excessive wear on the standard shocks...

This has made my mind up I think... :thumbup:

i had the springs on the standed shocks of 6 months and that was long enouth to ruin them they were good when we first put the springs on :doh: so i would say get some shortend shocks too :thumbup: