And so it begins...........

Well after only 2 weeks of ownership I have started to modify the VRS!!! This is site is a hive of good advice with reguards the "to do" mods!!!

My headunit went in today! new kenwood double din! Top unit - highly recommended - only thing i dont like is the backlighting is blue - dash is green! Took me over and hour to get all the wiring sorted!

fh_p80bt_1_gallery.jpg

Not bad - bought of ebay - new and unused!

Also my PD160 inlet and K&N arrived a few days ago - Seat Sport strut brace arrived this morning. need to get Suspension (just springs and shocks - 40mm Koni or Weitec), rear arb is a must. maybe see if I have enough money left over to source an exhaust and a remap!

I've started refurbing my TT comps - stripped the face with Nitromors and the inner sections and the first 3 now look like this:-

09122008061.jpg

Unfortunately the inner of the 4th wheel looks like this:-

11122008065.jpg

11122008067.jpg

To say i'm a bit annoyed is an understatement - on the look out for a single wheel! :(

My headunit went in today! new kenwood double din! Top unit - highly recommended - only thing i dont like is the backlighting is blue - dash is green! Took me over and hour to get all the wiring sorted!

fh_p80bt_1_gallery.jpg

Not bad - bought of ebay - new and unused!

:(

The one in the photo is a pioneer :P:)

I like those wheels on a fabia :thumbup:

This forum is terrible, if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have leather seats and also wouldn't have arranged a cruise control retrofit. Ah well.

+1

I'm now going to pick up a RARB at the weekend and i have been hunting for bigger brakes!!! Damn forum haha

Those wheels looks awesome! hope you can find another one somewhere! they will look quality on the car

Current to do list:-

Still got over £1000 to play with!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sold my G40 + VRS cost less than I expected!)

order rear ARB (£120)

deicde on what to do with suspension (Springs & shocks or coilovers) (about £300)

buy tyres for TT comps (£250)

then either exhaust or remap!

Current to do list:-

Still got over £1000 to play with!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sold my G40 + VRS cost less than I expected!)

order rear ARB (£120)

deicde on what to do with suspension (Springs & shocks or coilovers) (about £300)

buy tyres for TT comps (£250)

then either exhaust or remap!

lucky f**K haha i really need to sort out suspension on mine! but still dont know what to go for? once done will get my kerscher carmonas!

the car should look really nice once all those bits have been put on mate!! look forward to seeing progress pics!

I normally have to work on a project car slowly as and when i can afford parts. But with a bit extra left over from the sale of my G40. I can advance a bit quicker than normal!

I'm hoping to source another TT comp from another forum - Plus a local company has said they could try welding this one for £25. I'll get the wheels sorted for after new year! Tyres will probably by Toyo's or Uniroyals!

I know coilovers are they way to go - but dont want to go too low! :)

Also decided i'll upgrade my front door speakers and rear speakers to aftermarket ones!

I know coilovers are they way to go - but dont want to go too low! :)

Don't blame the coilovers - it's the owners that wind them down :P Get the coilovers and set them at a height you're happy with.

Then wind them down.

The 3 spokes are very rare - only 3 sets in the UK. Were originally fitted to mk3 polo convertables that were made by Treser in the early 90's - only 115 cars built.

They are 7x15 et 32 with 195/45/15 toyo's they sit just nice with a 80/70 drop!

The Scirocco has been in my family for about 5 years now. I was given it when i sold my Audi Quattro to get me home. Was just going to scrap it once I got back upto Scotland. But really enjoyed driving the old thing. I re-MOT'd iut and it passed with no bother. Then given to my sister to drive. and when she went over to germany to live she left it with my parents - its sat on their driveway for 3 years. Put new tyres on, checked the fluids and put in for an MOT - passed first time. The underside is mint (other then a section of the rear valance which has had a ding!) engine is good. But interior looks tired!

Got alocal engineering company to weld and turn it for me!

I've also got this:-

Image029.jpg

Its a Mk2 90 spec GTD - 1.6 TD - teaked, lowered, upgraded brakes, exhaust, VDO centre console with gauges, G60 interior. One of 5 in the country this colour!