Hopefully not too late for everyone (IE security)

ap0gee1978

i'm still using IE7, but for what i do i don't see the point in changing ,

there was a recent (last week) security update for IE7 plus a load of other updates as well

when you say Microsoft have released a "brown" alert , does that mean they are sh1tting themselves

Does anyone still use IE7?

Interestingly, I did some tests using Acid 3 recently.

The latest Opera scores 100/100.

The latest Firefox (beta at present) scores 93/100.

IE7 scores 12 :rolleyes:

Funny that. I found opera was slow as anything and failed to render some pages I visited correctly so moved to Firefox.

Google Chrome: Very, very nice, elegant and fast software. If you're looking for something that uses little to no resources and keeps the browser features to a bare minimum then I would in fact recommend google chrome over firefox.

Let's say this; I use google chrome on my little laptop that has little ram purely because it's so much faster than FF or IE :).

If you're a heavy internet user who likes plug ins and feature-rich browsing, I'd recommend Firefox over google chrome.

I'm not very well versed in software matters, and am wondering if anyone has opinions on Google Chrome?

If you value your privacy, I would recommend avoiding anything from the Gogle stable and as for Google Groups ... God give me strength :-(

Google Chrome is a nice fast easy to use browser. Not sure what the Acid 3 score is, will check. Apple's Safari is probably even quicker, but it's full of holes.

I just prefer FF because it is more functional with the use of addons (and GC doesn't have speed dial which both FF and Opera do have).

As for privacy, I wouldn't be too worried. Their privacy policy is pretty transparent -

'Information sharing

Google only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Google in the following limited circumstances:

* We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.

* We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Privacy Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.

* We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (B) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, © detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.'

I was referring to how they monitor their users and "serve" them with targetted advertising.

No, thanks.

Yeah, you're right. The matching of phrases in the body of a generated HTML page to keywords that people have specified in their adwords accounts and displaying related advertisements in relevance/monetary value order is done by a whole long line of google employees, who like to steal your usernames/passwords and buy stuff off Amazon on your behalf ;)

Not.

since updating my explorer last night it now seems to have enabled the backspace key to be a back button which i dont want how do i disable this :S

i think mine has always done that :confused: