Skoda in BTCC by chance

sifelicia

I guess if Skoda wanted to try the BTCC they would be better off from a marketing point of view using the Octavia, but I can't see it happening.

TBH, I would prefer Skoda UK to fund a British rally driver to do IRC in a similar way to Peugeot UK have done with Kris Meeke.

I'm sure I would watch if Skoda entered, but I always found touring car racing to be a bit "expensive stock car" racing style for my tastes.

I guess if Skoda wanted to try the BTCC they would be better off from a marketing point of view using the Octavia, but I can't see it happening.

TBH, I would prefer Skoda UK to fund a British rally driver to do IRC in a similar way to Peugeot UK have done with Kris Meeke.

I'm sure I would watch if Skoda entered, but I always found touring car racing to be a bit "expensive stock car" racing style for my tastes.

i

I quite agree, what about Guy Wilks? - Is there the will/finance though? Also, if there was a Fabia vRS - it would make sense.

Personally, I'd rather Skoda concentrate on Rallying, than joining the 'roundy-roundy' boys.

I don't know about Skoda but there are rumours, in another motorsports forum, that Lada may enter World Touring Cars at some point. There are Skoda Fabias running in Rallycross in Europe and remember Lars Larson was twice European Rallycross champion in his Fabia. These cars have 500+ BHP, not the nanby-pamby 300hp that WRC cars have.

Is anyone on here going to Lydden Hill at Easter to see the first European round?

What date is that, sounds interesting :thumbup: