Battery replacement on Farbia

psmoker

This must seem like a stupid question. I need to take the battery out of my 2006 Fabia 1.4 diesel est. When I looked under the hood sitting on top of the battery is a large plastic tray thing with lots of elec wires I can't see any way of removing this to get to the securing bolts to remove the battery.

On any other car I've had this has been a most simple job but not on this, mind you it was raining (my car is parked on the roadside) and getting a bit dark. Can any one advise please. Pics and diagrams would help.

Simon.

span.

jajahWrapper

{ font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.

jajahLink

{ color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.

jajahInLink

:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

It clips. The tags on the side go into slots and the top cover prevents the second layer (with the fuse links) from moving. You need to remove one side first - this will be clear in daylight. Beware the plastic is a bit brittle - if it doesn't come out check you're not pulling on the wrong side. There is also a front plate in the battery box. Note how you take it out or face a brain hurt trying to put it back.

Whilst you have the battery out, take the opportunity to check the power steering fluid. HTH

This must seem like a stupid question. I need to take the battery out of my 2006 Fabia 1.4 diesel est. When I looked under the hood sitting on top of the battery is a large plastic tray thing with lots of elec wires I can't see any way of removing this to get to the securing bolts to remove the battery.

On any other car I've had this has been a most simple job but not on this, mind you it was raining (my car is parked on the roadside) and getting a bit dark. Can any one advise please. Pics and diagrams would help.

Simon.

span.

jajahWrapper

{ font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.

jajahLink

{ color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.

jajahInLink

:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

No disrespect intended , but are the instuctions not in the user handbook?