My new Mud Flaps

I removed the badges on my Superb recently and discovered the best way for me anyway was to heat the badges with a hair dryer until you can simply pull them off gently.

The use Autoglym intensive tar remover and soak the gluey residue for a bit and it disolves off slowly.

Give it a polish and hey presto i now have a passat!

:)

Gaff:

Any chance of a bit more detailed instructions on how you got yours to fit so well. Only Ive bought some for my car, and dont want to drive in trying to fit them and ruin them!!!

Must admit, I'd thought about it - the dealer fitted ones on the front foc due to the VAT issue which closed them when I was supposed to be picking it up and it looks odd with ones on the front and nowt on the back. Sounds easy to fit too. Typical about them putting the price up - unless there are some cheaper on that there auction site...?

I bought some yesterday from Clock Skoda at Spondon, Derby. I was quoted just under £32 for the fronts and backs together, Rainworth Skoda at Mansfield, Notts, wanted £20+vat for the fronts and again for the rears, and only when I questioned the difference in price did they check and decide that actually they were wrong and Clock were right! Big difference £14!!!

Id suggest getting them to check to price, as some of the garages are trying to over charge for them! Needless to say, my money went to Clock garage, as they didnt try to rip me off in the first place!!!:)

Gaff:

Any chance of a bit more detailed instructions on how you got yours to fit so well. Only Ive bought some for my car, and dont want to drive in trying to fit them and ruin them!!!

I replied to your PM ;)

Bascially I had some clamps I bought in lidl, its actually these ones, Lidl Online

I removed the wheel, put on the mudflap and lightly fixtured it. Then I used 4 clamps at different positions along the ridge to get the flap to sit in a tight position. Then I took the hair dryer and heated on the wheel side of the flap along the ridge and moved clamps one at a time to get it tight, I also tightened fixturing screws to find the sweet spot. Then while it was cooling down I pushed the bottom of the flap towards the back of the car to tighten the gap. Tbh I found this method better than the hot water and bucket as it cools too quick to fixture it tight.

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping the dealer has fitted front AND rear flaps to my 09 vRS that we pick up tomorrow ... he said they couldn't fit rear ones, as they said in 2007 when we bought the current vRS, but when I said some of you guys had done it they agreed to give it a go! Fingers crossed!

I'm hoping the dealer has fitted front AND rear flaps to my 09 vRS that we pick up tomorrow ... he said they couldn't fit rear ones, as they said in 2007 when we bought the current vRS, but when I said some of you guys had done it they agreed to give it a go! Fingers crossed!

Picked up new car today ... NO mudflaps! They had fitted them by mistake to an ex-demo vRS that was collected yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are now happy it can be done though!

Mine are being fitted on Saturday.

Picked up new car today ... NO mudflaps! They had fitted them by mistake to an ex-demo vRS that was collected yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are now happy it can be done though!

Mine are being fitted on Saturday.

oops, silly dealer; :doh:

well an update, had another go today to finish off screwing in the last screw on the o/s and 2 on the n/s after a few scraped knuckles and a push on my patience, plus a couple of hours trying to get behind the bumper to locate the holes that the screws just wouldnt pick up on, i have sinced finished them off and they now seem more secure. Just need to get a hairdryer out on them again soon to mould them in place against the bumper as there are a few minor gaps here and there, however looking at the mess on my bumper so far they dont seem to stop that much spray.

Does anyone know if the facelifted Ocy has a different rear bumper to the original MkII. The reason I say is the quick look In had gives the impression its a closer match to the Octy vRS rear bumper, so are there a different type of rear mudflap available for the facelifted Octy? (Maybe be a tighter fit than the original ones )

Does anyone know if the facelifted Ocy has a different rear bumper to the original MkII. The reason I say is the quick look In had gives the impression its a closer match to the Octy vRS rear bumper, so are there a different type of rear mudflap available for the facelifted Octy? (Maybe be a tighter fit than the original ones )

I'd agree; looks like a dead ringer for the vRS bumper but no idea what mudflaps are availabel for it.