Fabia vRS on the Autobahn

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i borowed a mates flux capacitor to get there though! if you can find one i'll show you :P

and yes the pub was right in the middle hahaha

Damn it - I new plying the Jabba lads with booze could get you and extra something!!!!

Well you've said before you work for an insurance company and there's a couple near where I work, I'll have to look out for you and slipstream off you!

Which of the fleet is your daily driver?

Damn it - I new plying the Jabba lads with booze could get you and extra something!!!!

Well you've said before you work for an insurance company and there's a couple near where I work, I'll have to look out for you and slipstream off you!

Which of the fleet is your daily driver?

LOL i work at more than at lynchwood pboro! im in the fabia most days as the golf is just too bloody cold and i dont want the road salt to kill it! atm its rust free!! i've seen a couple of vrs around boro! i saw a black magic one with ARB and a sign in the back saying baby on board and one or two SE's

ibiza has been scrapped now as it was a money sponge! so have g60 lying around....should put it in the golf! should be a laugh!

For some reason my fabia will only do 130mph even with a remap.... maybe thats just me

Same as me really just over 130 for me but I remeber Shifty saying something about after a certain date they had different gear boxes.

I dont know what date it was that he said though. :confused: He claims hes done 150 in his though, that would be interesting I'd love to get my Furby up to those speeds.

Same as me really just over 130 for me but I remeber Shifty saying something about after a certain date they had different gear boxes.

I dont know what date it was that he said though. :confused: He claims hes done 150 in his though, that would be interesting I'd love to get my Furby up to those speeds.

thats because of the turbo and remap... my friend has had 145 (autobahn) in his and still going... and ive got the newer box as per shifty''s

Had the cruise set at 130 mph (GPS) with no issues and the car was stable even in the bends (and at that speed they are bends) where the limit drops to 110/130 KPH. (Eibachs, ARB, Toyo's, uprated bushes)

The entire German network is being resurfaced, or so it seems, and the road works we encountered in 2007 where still there in 2008 with signs saying works will be continuing until 2010 and beyond. Hope you manage to find a good stretch :)

Edited by postmanpat

i had mine at 140 mph it felt a bit hairy tho like alot of air was going underneath the car and lifting it up a little it was kind of a floating feeling i know it sounds very strange tho it is the best explanation i can give ! it was lowered on eibachs and standard map. oh and also on a private road !!! mine is quite nippy till 110 then it dies a little the rest of the way.

i saw a black magic one with ARB and a sign in the back saying baby on board

There's another black magic VRS doing the rounds in P'boro, should have the Jabba methanol kit and super blower trickery on it by now!

Edited by oliverreed

Thanks for the comments. I am kind of looking forward to the possibilty of a legal bit of speed - although you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be all roadworks and restrictions when I visit.:rolleyes:

At a guess, if I were to touch top speed (130), what would the revs be?

TH

"There's another black magic VRS doing the rounds in P'boro, should have the Jabba methanol kit and super blower trickery on it by now!"

ah yer i remember that! i thought ...ooooo... standard vrs, then i looked and saw the shorter arial and the arb poking out the bottom and was like hmmmm i hope he plays! haha

i had the remap to 180 on my kkk turbo then! but no ARB so i was terrified of taking it fast on the corners!! lol

where abouts do you work then?

Edited by thewilfmeister

I'm going to buck the trend and say that mine gets distinctly twitchy as I press into the triple figures, and I find the steering so light as to start making me uncomfortable. On a straight-ish road (as I guess you would be), it's OK, but I'd feel out of my depth having to contend with anything other than the sweepiest of sweeping bends at those kinds of speeds... :ne_nau:

It's right about the gears, though - newer ones have a shortened 5th and 6th gears, which reduces the theoretical maximum speed, but improves the acceleration at higher speeds. :thumbup: Also makes 6th worth having on UK roads! ;):rofl:

me and tigger covered the last 100 miles out of blgium to dunkirk in 45 minutes last may,no idea how fast we were going,i was too scared to look down and had a 2 oclock ferry to catch.........we still missed it,last layby and will needs a blody wee:rofl::rofl:

me and tigger covered the last 100 miles out of blgium to dunkirk in 45 minutes last may, no idea how fast we were going...

That'd be an average of 133.33mph, assuming the time and distance is accurate! :P ;)

Fabia will be fine. Seen all sorts of stuff on autobahns going at 100+. It's no big deal. Main thing to watch out for is that until you aclimatise to the speeds, be wary of pulling out to overtake as the car coming up behind could be doing 150+, also be careful not to get boxed in behind a truck as at 100+ you'll need to do serious braking. Remember sitting in a hired BMW Z4 at about 100 MPH south of Munich and others wafting by at 130 upwards. Many autobahns are also only 2 lanes.

I must say, there are a lot of people who deserve their backs patted for knocking on the door of the vRS's theoretical maximum indicated speed of 152mph (or 145mph for those who've measured their speed with sat nav)!!!

Tell me, how did you manage to defeat drag and rolling resistance? :rofl:

I must say, there are a lot of people who deserve their backs patted for knocking on the door of the vRS's theoretical maximum indicated speed of 152mph (or 145mph for those who've measured their speed with sat nav)!!!

Tell me, how did you manage to defeat drag and rolling resistance? :rofl:

hmm im still only getting 130 with a remap... strange that :rofl: