JKM RR day Breakfast meet

Hedge

Dare I suggest that we meet beforehand for a spot of breakfast.

:sofahide: :D

EDIT: Meeting place details. I will put a toe in the water and say between 08:15 and 08:30 leaving for JKM at 08:55.

Address for all

Venture Café,

Shawcross Ind Park,

Ackworth Road,

Portsmouth

PO3 5HU

023 92664918,

Edit by Stu - Google doesn't show the correct location for this place so I've made up some images -

attachment.php?attachmentid=26990&d=1233571520

attachment.php?attachmentid=26989&stc=1&d=1233571533

26989.attach

26990.attach

Edited by VRStu
Meeting details added

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last year some of us met at Tesco's at Winnall at around 08:00 I think.

I know that doesn't suit everyone but I seem to remember Sainsburys at Farlington struggled when we went there before. Or else its the Golden Arches.

im up for meeting anytime prior, ill be setting off early. all i ask is that could someone gives me the address or postcode of the meet, and ill tom tom it there.

reason being i have the directional ability of a blind dyslexic pigeon. and im a janner from devon.

Just been doing a bit of research and there are a couple of other Tescos that we could meet at on the M27ish that advertise a Cafe.

This one

SOUTHAMPTON BURSLEDON TOWERS EXTRA,

HAMBLE LANE,

SOUTHAMPTON,

HAMPSHIRE,

SO31 8GN

or

FAREHAM WHITELEY,

WHITELEY VILLAGE,

FAREHAM,

HAMPSHIRE,

PO15 7LL

Does anyone have any previous with these and how easy is the access.

I know the Whiteley one and it is a few mins from the M27 but there is plenty of parking.

Just been doing a bit of research and there are a couple of other Tescos that we could meet at on the M27ish that advertise a Cafe.

This one

the one at whiteley is tiny but parking is plentiful (and free).. bursledon is a much larger store and will probably cope with breakfast demand better

Whitely is a smallish store. Bursledon is quite a big store but I can't recall the size of the cafe.

Edit - Beaten to it by Tom. ;)

i was in there earlier this evening:O it's upstairs via this huge esculator ramp thing.. and fyi unfortunately the trolleys have locks on the wheels to prevent you from using it as a launch ramp.... or so i was told:O

I think Steve was referring to this one in the RR day thread except it doesn't have a cafe. The only 2 I could find were the Burlsedon one or the Whiteley one.

If anyone has better suggestions then I am all ears but we have struggled to find a venue in the past.

PORTSMOUTH EXTRA,

CLEMENT ATLEE WAY,

PORTSMOUTH,

HAMPSHIRE,

PO6 4SR

It does help if you read the full listing for the Portsmouth store. Yes it has a Cafe.:o

How does 08:30 sound?

Edited by Hedge

How does 08:30 sound?

Good to me matey :thumbup:

Tesco petrol station at the Portsmouth store sells 99Ron Unleaded too ............... although some of us wont be needing it :weeping:

Edited by Makefish

FWIW the burseldon store is a wee bit crap to say the least though. I can't even think where the cafe is in there, even though it's been said it's upstairs.

There are a load of other things up there too so it can't be that big.

Still if you're meeting there it would be rude not to pop along and say hi.