JKM RR day Breakfast meet

Hedge

Tesco @ North Harbour (the one you refer to above) isn't exactly right on the motorway access so carefull route planning will be required for those unsure of it's location.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a decent Sat Nav will get you there ;)

Thanks I've got one. :P

Actually I am open to other suggestions. I did think Whiteley would be quite accessible for the majority and easily found.

the big tesco at north harbour portsmouth doesn't have a cafe anymore, they've got some stupid little coffee outlet instead

Must admit I thought that was the case but wasn't 100% sure. I know there is a COSTA coffee and a Krispy Kreme there though.

Well unless people fancy Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast then that kind of rules that one out.

So from a Tesco perspective it is Winnal or Whiteley and from Sainsburys it is the store at Farlington.

The other alternative being the Golden Arches.:o

Does anyone local know if there are any decent transport cafes in the area ??

There is nothing in the immediate vicinity of JKM that is open on Saturday. There is a cafe across the road but that is Mon-Fri only.

Sainsburys at Farlington is by all accounts quite poor and they struggled last time we used them.

The latest possible is the Morrisons at Horndean. Its a little bit out from JKM but only 10mins or so and a perfect opportunity to warm those engines up.:)

Store details - Morrisons

It opens at 08:00 as well.

I have just found an alternative, closer to JKM as well.

The ASDA/Walmart Havant Supercentre just off the A3M.

Larchwood Avenue

Bedhampton

PO9 3QW

Tel: 02392 445800

I couldn't find it earlier as you can't search stores by Cafe.

Think we may have to have a vote.:)

50/50 really Ian.

That Asda is ok but cannot be accessed from the A3 southbound, you need to come off the junction before.

Stuart - As Ian has said I suggested the one by JKM as I know they do a good fry up but wasn't sure if they were open. I'm not sure on Transport Cafes nearby but I am trying to keep thinking of somewhere.

50/50 really Ian.

That Asda is ok but cannot be accessed from the A3 southbound, you need to come off the junction before.

Stuart - As Ian has said I suggested the one by JKM as I know they do a good fry up but wasn't sure if they were open. I'm not sure on Transport Cafes nearby but I am trying to keep thinking of somewhere.

Any help in nudging the grey matter Cafes in Portsmouth

I would agree the closer the better as its on more peoples route. If the one up the road does a good fry up then it gets my vote, is it worth a call to see if they are open, would also be helpful to them if they knew we were coming en mass

Of the suggested supermarkets the Asda is closest but there are access problems from the A3M southbound. It would be easy to get round that by just carrying on to the next one and then heading northbound for 1 junction.

I can see me buying some portable bbq's at this rate like we did at Trax.:rofl:

Of the suggested supermarkets the Asda is closest but there are access problems from the A3M southbound. It would be easy to get round that by just carrying on to the next one and then heading northbound for 1 junction.

I can see me buying some portable bbq's at this rate like we did at Trax.:rofl:

It's actually best the other way Ian, come off the junction before and the A road runs parallel to the A3M to a roundabout which is where you'll find the ASDA.

On the list Stuart there is only 1 in PO3 Venture Café. Pam's cafe is the one opposite JKM.

I might try calling them later today.

Ian i know the Venture cafe very well from my time working down pompey.Real good cafe we may just about fit in there, and its 1 min from JKM.

From JKM you go over the railway bridge(above the station) and its in the industrial estate to the right

Ian i know the Venture cafe very well from my time working down pompey.Real good cafe we may just about fit in there, and its 1 min from JKM.

From JKM you go over the railway bridge(above the station) and its in the industrial estate to the right

If this is the same one that Stu recomended, then thats 2 positive recomendations. Im always in favour of supporting small businesses rather than Mr Sainstescomorrisonasda etc. If its chosen & if it is small then a rough idea of numbers & a pre warning phone call might be the polite thing to do. We could do mini convoys if people want going down, I can hook up at J9 M3 (M3/A34 junction) .the Shell garage, sells V power petrol & Diesel

I think it could be the Venture Cafe that I was thinking of but there isn't a railway bridge nearby, it's in a small group of industrial units - You go through some doors with a reception (not like you are walking into a greasy spoon) and then it's accross the lobby. Sadly if that is the case then Ian has confirmed they don't do Saturday's.