BMW 535d

Royston

I am suprised by this talk of BMW Diesels I had one on hire for a week (535d) while in Germany on Hols , it was awfull ,it was heavy and loud , so when I went back next time they gave me a Jaguar S type diesel , it was a far nicer car to drive and it handled great. I would buy one over a BMW anyday. Just my penny worth

I think the one you had may have been broken, based on the ones I've been in and/or heard.

Steve

I don't think so it did manage 130 up the motorways I bought an A5 diesel last year (regretfully due to personal reasons I had to sell it) it was a better car than the BMW by a mile

Dina

I was going to mention BMW turbo issues as well, I've heard a lot about them. Also the Jag engine, while not having the grunt is peerless for refinement, one of my very favorite engines petrol or Diesel.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the D3 Alpina 2.0, 200 bhp and 50 mpg:D

I am suprised by this talk of BMW Diesels I had one on hire for a week (535d) while in Germany on Hols , it was awfull ,it was heavy and loud , so when I went back next time they gave me a Jaguar S type diesel , it was a far nicer car to drive and it handled great. I would buy one over a BMW anyday. Just my penny worth

I really do apologise, but I've had beer!:P

YouTube - Harry Enfield - Women, Know Your Limits

I'd have a 335d M-Sport Touring instead. Do you actually need something the size of a 5?

Steve

Spot-on, if I were to win the lottery this would be "every-day" motor. I, too, think the Touring is the best-looking variant in the current 3-series line-up.Problem is, I can't decide if I'd want a 335i or 335d, and apparently the new 330d is brilliant too (newer version of the 6-cyl diesel; 335d based on the older one). It's a good debate in which to pass the boredom of lectures!

Spot-on, if I were to win the lottery this would be "every-day" motor. I, too, think the Touring is the best-looking variant in the current 3-series line-up.Problem is, I can't decide if I'd want a 335i or 335d, and apparently the new 330d is brilliant too (newer version of the 6-cyl diesel; 335d based on the older one). It's a good debate in which to pass the boredom of lectures!

meh, make it a Alpina B3 bi-turbo touring and now we're talking

I can't decide if I'd want a 335i or 335d, and apparently the new 330d is brilliant too (newer version of the 6-cyl diesel; 335d based on the older one). It's a good debate in which to pass the boredom of lectures!

As I pondered earlier, I'd go for the 330d MST, mainly because it's available in manual, then perhaps pop a remap on it after a while :D

Good point about the engine generations too; had forgotten about that.

Steve