So long Octy

My Octy's gone. Sold it for good price to one dealer. It has extended waranty till October.

Car gave me much more troubles then I could expect:

- Creaking suspention (not solved)

- Juddering at 2000rpm (not solved)

- "Clonk" in steering rack when turning right (not solved)

- Creaking door seals (needed lubricating every now and then with parafine)

It was only 2,5 years old with 25.000km.

I sold some toys I've had with it, like OEM sunshades, VagCom cable, Roof bars...

Interesting point is that those toys were sold instantly and many members wanted them for just price. I say interesting, because OFF button nobody wanted, even for simbolic price.

Well, it was nice and pleasure talking to all of you guys. You were all very helpful and I hope I've managed to help some of you. At least I see that part Nº for wipers refill I've discovered at WV dealer saved some money to many of you. It gives me satisfaction to see that my participation on this forum was useful to others.

Now moving to Ford Mondeo 2.0 TdCI Titanium (new).

Thanks to all and I hope your cars run for many more miles trouble free.:thumbup:

Edited by bosnjo

Good luck.

Just hope Ford are better there than they are here.

Here in south of Portugal things are mainly down to quality of dealer's response when it comes to trobleshooting solutions. In Lisbon, VW/Skoda are great. Here in south they are terrible. Toyota as well. But when it comes to Ford they are the best here in south. That is one reason I'm moving to Ford. Second reason is that due to crisis in motor industry they give 12.5% discount to journalists (I'm the one) plus actual campain 3.5%. So it brought the price down by 6.200 euros.

So, we'll see how it goes on with the car. My work mates almost all drive Ford beacuse of that discount. They have Ka, Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo cars and no one has a single complain.