Door black trim

Dan H

Just picked up my nearly new 08 Roomster 3 auto from a main dealer. Drives fine, but I have a question about the trim:

All the other Roomsters I've seen have the body colour for the whole door. Mine has black plastic stick-on material over the back and bottom of the door on both front doors. Piccie attached to show what I mean.

Is this standard on any Roomsters or a custom add on ? I'd like to remove it, but I'm a bit worried there may be a horror story of a paint job underneath !

26912.attach

That is a custom add on, Did you buy from Sherlodge by ant chance ?

If you want to take it off, Heat the sticker with a Hair dryer and that will make it easier to peel off.

Oh, Welcome to briskoda :D

mdk1,

Thanks for the instant answer and the welcome - a good start to my Briskoda experience.

I'll ring the dealer to get his answer on what the trim's all about. Don't want to name him, but he's between Basingstoke and Southampton !

My local garage "Sherlodge" put some stickers like that on some of there Roomster, as the thought it blended the styling in more.

Think mine looks fine without the stickers.

P7260001.jpg

Edited by mdk1
Pic added.

Ooooh ,,, Errrrrrr, I would get that trim removed without fail. I hope that it is not covering a flaw or damaged paintwork.

Good luck and welcome .

The trim was added to the car - an ex-demonstrator - since some customers apparently didn't like the look of the front and back windows being at different heights.

There should be no problem taking it off - carefully.

Now I just need to convince my wife that it'll look better with paint than plastic!

The trim was added to the car - an ex-demonstrator - since some customers apparently didn't like the look of the front and back windows being at different heights.

Dear me. It is what it is and if people don't like it for that then that really dodgy plastic aint gonna help!

Hopefully it will come off ok :thumbup:

Dear me. It is what it is and if people don't like it for that then that really dodgy plastic aint gonna help!

Hopefully it will come off ok :thumbup:

Agreed mate, to the OP, I would get them to take it off if you can and then check out the paintwork underneath. no disrespect, but it's bloody hideous mate

Not to my liking, I've seen pics before. It isn't standard, by the way.

To me one of the attractive parts of a Roomster's styling is the 'Aircraft' style of the front windows (similar to an older Saab). Stick on vinyl, as you have, looks tacky, IMHO.

I'm sure you'll get it removed by the weekend. :thumbup:

PS> Welcome to Briskoda :) and enjoy Roomster.:D (have fun playing with the 'tip').

The black plastic trim has come off - with no probs at all. I heated it very gently with a paint stripping gun set on low, with the one or two gluey bits left taken off with white spirit.

I reckon the car looks a lot better (see pic).

Other pic is of the left foot accelerator conversion which was done yesterday to allow my wife to drive (she has a gammy right leg).

Parts are Jeff Gosling, fitted by Phil Chapman Car Care. The foot rest had to come out to make space, which left a hole in the carpet. I fixed the hole by using a modified tin lid bent to shape and glued to the back of the carpet. Then I cut a bit out of the carpet that was out of sight, shaped it and glued in the hole on top of the tin.

Rubber mats in, bumper protector on, gap between seats and parcel shelf filled with velcro cloth thingy.......We're ready to roll ! :thumbup:

26957.attach

26958.attach

mdk1,

There are two accelerator pedals. You pull one down and the other one flips up out of the way. You can see the right accelerator flipped up in the pic. What you can't have is two accelerator pedals at the same time. It works a treat - I drive with right accelerator, my wife with left. Swapping over only takes a second.

Only people trained to use a left foot accelerator should use one. When my wife first started driving with a left foot accelerator (she previously had driven a normal manual) we had a "near miss" when she wanted to brake and accelerated hard !