Inside Door Panel Vibration!

vicount

hey all,

while playing my stereo loudly in my 2000 fabia 1.4 the rattle and vibration that comes from the speaker housing on the doors becomes unbearable it seems like everywhere on the door is rattling, ive cleared the pockets of stuff, lighters pens nuts bolts spare fuses etc etc, and its still there, the sad part is i love my musik and i end up having to drop the sounds down to stop the noise, any suggestions?

you can buy some sheet stuff to put behind the speakers to help stop rattles and help with accoustics. Never used any so i can't comment on affectiveness. halfrauds sell it.

My car seems to work the other way around... bits seem to rattle, so i use the stereo to drown them out lol

Nah - just pad the panel out a bit so they can't rattle against anything and check all the clips are in place.

Spot on, just needs felt or something twixt speaker and door panel

The speaker is attached to the door but the panel floats, so they vibrate against each other

I used some thin acoustic carpet that you can get from the likes of halfords.

Took the panel off and cut a big piece to cover the entire back of the panel and stuck in place with some spray glue. Refitted and it sounds much much better, no rattles and it also cuts out some road noise!

Si

This is a job I really must tackle as well, as it's driving me bonkers! I can't listen to loud runrig anymore :( (cue the laughter and mockery...I'm used to it :P)

As an aside, my 05 plate 1.9tdi Elegance with 24000 miles seems a good bit more rattly than my old W-reg 1.4mpi Comfort that had 65000 miles :confused:

ok guys im gonna give it a go but im a little scared about snapping the door panel retaining clips, are they easy to get off? and more importantly are they easy to get back on? :confused:

Spare clips are cheap and easy to get from our local dealer - might as well get half a dozen before you start :)