Wet floor wells (inside) - Why?

When I first went looking for a Skoda, I noticed that the FABIA had wet carpet in the back floor spaces so I assumed a leak, and this could occur in that particular make...

Now to my horror, I have that problem in the front and back right hand side footwells, in my Octavia 1.4.

Can someone please tell me why? Nothing in the car has changed, other than the Cat Converter is missing at the moment awaiting replacement, since 4 ignition coils gave up.................

Please help:confused:

May be worth checking the door seals behind the interior plastic door trim. I had this problem once on a Renault Laguna so had to replace them all and that cured it. If the car's in warranty take it to the dealer.

I would go either with the door seals, or the rubber seals around the doors. The water may only be leaking from one place, and the motion of the car has caused the water to move between front and back.

mines is leaking on the passenger side, I aint got round to fixing it yet, my friend had a toledo that did this, I ended up taking the door plastics off and resealing the door.

When I first went looking for a Skoda, I noticed that the FABIA had wet carpet in the back floor spaces so I assumed a leak, and this could occur in that particular make...

Now to my horror, I have that problem in the front and back right hand side footwells, in my Octavia 1.4.

Can someone please tell me why? Nothing in the car has changed, other than the Cat Converter is missing at the moment awaiting replacement, since 4 ignition coils gave up.................

Please help:confused:

I suggest you look this link. Because it might be good reason for leaking.

Repairing Leaking Door Carriers

Thanks everyone, I will check seals and door seals asap. Thanks for the link Isoma.

Taxi219, thanks, its a good idea, indeed quite common, but I don't have a rear washer. Its a 03 octavia, they don't even have a back wiper.

I hope its the trims/seals, as I don't need major repairs.

If you can leave the back doors open for about half an hour they should drain, I dont know where from but there does not appear to be any drain holes but every time i do this with mine it drains next to the hing side