Cruise control worth having

I use it all the time, had it fitted to my previous Astra (useful to keep the speed down), and on the Vectra it's standard on all models so you're stuck with it.

Don't use it on the Octavias at work though, never on the motorway long enough.

Well it looks like 99% like the cruise control. My reason for asking is that I’m after an Octavia estate but I like most people want to keep the cost down and do not want a load of extras that you don’t use with the associated costs.

So my thoughts are a classic with cruise control and central looking, no bothered about alloy wheels multi disc changers etc. Any comments?

PS Also need a 13 pin electric and a tow bar as I have a caravan

Edited by tracer

If you are buying second hand fom a dealer use the cruise fitment as a bargaining chip. It only costs them about £20 in parts.

I bought a base model Superb and had the cruise retrofitted before delivery as part of the deal - together with a few other things. I wouldn't be without it.

rotodiesel.

As has been said above it is a very useful piece of kit although when I first had the car I could not see the use of CC on our crowded roads, but I was wrong.

Where you have speed limits is when it comes into its own especially those 20 mph limits, but on the continent with their clear long roads you just set it up and then steer.

Glancing at the speedo can be tiring. I wont drive without on restricted roads, it is so much more relaxing. And having a speeding ticket is more expensive.

(there is always a moment of not paying attention and for those moments I dont want to pay a fine :D)

Hi,

My O II TD doesn't have it and I miss it, how much is it to retro fit ?

What's the lowest speed it works at ?

We used to have a Citroen C3 that would cruise in 5th at 30mph. When we traded it in after a year,the new model wouldn't cruise below about 45mph.

D

Another fan. Used it on a long run today and wouldn't be without it. The on board computer said 60mpg and that's out of a 2.0 TDi with 170 bhp....