My Superb=D of Czech ...

Petř

Sorry about lending your thread...how's the installation of the splitter on Superb? Some modifications to existing bumber? Attached with adhesive and/or screws or what? Any pointers to subject? THX

Apologies for the delayed response, the splitter is simply cut in various places to give you the bend to martch the Superb bumper profile and then the ends are also cut, the splitter is then just screwed into position where required.........:thumbup:

Looking good, the A8 wheels look spot on........:thumbup:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah sorry to hijack the thread but I was looking at a front splitter too. Purely asthetic or do they serve a purpose?

Ok badly worded there, what I mean is I know they're supposed to increase downforce and smooth out the airflow under and around the bottom of the car ... but ... I'm guessing it's mostly cosmetic on this because a splitter is supposed to extend a reasonable distance under the car, and looking at this part number, it's only a few inches deep.

Also, am I right in thinking this is the correct part number?

Leon Cupra R front splitter - 1ML 805 903

Yeah sorry to hijack the thread but I was looking at a front splitter too. Purely asthetic or do they serve a purpose?

Ok badly worded there, what I mean is I know they're supposed to increase downforce and smooth out the airflow under and around the bottom of the car ... but ... I'm guessing it's mostly cosmetic on this because a splitter is supposed to extend a reasonable distance under the car, and looking at this part number, it's only a few inches deep.

Also, am I right in thinking this is the correct part number?

Leon Cupra R front splitter - 1ML 805 903

The splitter for me is purely cosmetic to make the front look a lot lower..........:)

Don't know the exact part number but it is off a Leon Cupra R and it's about £20 from the Seat dealer........:thumbup:

The splitter for me is purely cosmetic to make the front look a lot lower..........:)

Don't know the exact part number but it is off a Leon Cupra R and it's about £20 from the Seat dealer........:thumbup:

Fair enough. Hmmmmm to be fair my question was a little dumb, rarely do you take corners fast enough in a superb for a splitter to generate any downforce. :rofl: I reckon I'm ordering this tomorrow. Pity the nearest dealer is 20 miles away.

Just need some rust-proof self tapping screws now. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Baker,

Have reposted them on his behalf, will leave them up for a while.

Clicky (use mouse wheel to scroll through them)

Petřík, I actually like the wheels, not a traditional choice but I kinda like them ... and the rest of the car looks well man, nice work.

What says Baker ? :D

I like it mate, nice work....................when you removing the tape then to show the nice polished lip?

I had 17's on mine with low profile tyres and looked similar, needs to spacers to step them out more........so are these your winter wheels or something?

I will buy your A8 wheels off you if you like?

My wheely Audi18" 5spoken are on repair becouse plucking ... Mercedes wheely are my friends, which is sell and I lent on test(exam) Absolutely I stay with my "Lowely" Audi 5 spoken with oem design :) I hope,so you understand :)

I like it mate, nice work....................when you removing the tape then to show the nice polished lip?

I had 17's on mine with low profile tyres and looked similar, needs to spacers to step them out more........so are these your winter wheels or something?

I will buy your A8 wheels off you if you like?

I rather like the red tape actually. Well ok the red, perhaps not the tape.

My wheely Audi18" 5spoken are on repair becouse plucking ... Mercedes wheely are my friends, which is sell and I lent on test(exam) Absolutely I stay with my "Lowely" Audi 5 spoken with oem design :) I hope,so you understand :)

Sorry to hear about the damage to the A8's.........:thumbdwn:

I understand........:thumbup:

I like that .......

Hmmm, if I get some money together at some stage I may need to go for a drop and stick the splitter on.

It's got the Factory sports suspension on mine, but it's a whole 1" drop over standard :)

Nice work and easy mod to do on the cheap, just surprised me that it's taken this long for someone else to follow on from me and do this mod, had it on mine for around 2 years now.......:)

I like that .......

Hmmm, if I get some money together at some stage I may need to go for a drop and stick the splitter on.

It's got the Factory sports suspension on mine, but it's a whole 1" drop over standard :)

Money shouldn't be an issue with this mod, costs £22.69 from Seat and about a dozen self tapping screws. They're used to every man and his dog ordering the front splitters because they fit a wide range of cars. Part number above in this thread if you need it buddy. Have to admit I like the look of it now it's on. Purely cosmetic though, don't expect any downforce. :D

Nice work and easy mod to do on the cheap, just surprised me that it's taken this long for someone else to follow on from me and do this mod, had it on mine for around 2 years now.......

Only heard about the splitter on this thread last week to be fair. Cheers for mentioning it though, it's what made me go ahead and order it, thanks.

Check out the retro badges too. Old ones were showing signs of water bubbling. Never much liked the originals anyhow, not sure why.

Edited by allclownsareevi

I like that .......

Same here on the lowering front, think I should get one, been wanting one for ages!

I checked them and I like them, where you get them? :thumbup:

pm sent matey:thumbup:

although you could just check here too.

Close up for inspection

badge4.jpg

badge2.jpg

Nice look:)

Cheers man, not as nice as yours though. You have a sweet car there, especially the alloys. It takes some special alloys to make Baker-the-alloy-king jealous. :thumbup:

Edited by allclownsareevi

Cheers man, not as nice as yours though. You have a sweet car there, especially the alloys. It takes some special alloys to make Baker-the-alloy-king jealous. :thumbup:

:rofl:

Not spending much time with the Superb of late as I have something special on the drive at the moment...........:D

:rofl:

Not spending much time with the Superb of late as I have something special on the drive at the moment...........:D

Me too, 5'10'' leggy brunette :thumbup: .... oh yeah he's a real looker.:eek:

So spill the beans.