Columbus Sat Nav Maps

Thanks mannyo. I suppose hasnt hit the skoda part of the group yet. Did you just upgrade the HDD maps from Skoda dvd v3 to VW v4 or was there a special process. Are there codes or serial numbers involved or is it just a matter of loading the DVD to the HD. 1 more thing. Has the v4 a way of storing favourites or naming and storing recent destinations.

You just put the disk in, the columbus recoginises that its a newer disk and prompts if you want to run the map from the dvd or copy to the HDD. No serial numbers required, its just insert and go.

The columbus fully supports favourite location storage, so no issues on that score.

I have a workmate who has just purchased a R32 with sat nav.

It has the new fader screen, I will ask him for his map disc and slot it in.

But.... How do I check the unit is A or B and the firmware status?

My unit was not a standard fit.

I know how to get into the secret bit at start up. <> i then hold SETUP and let go when system starts.

But I am not sure what I am looking at

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...