Columbus Sat Nav Maps

All

I have ordered a 2.0 170bhp Elegence that has columbus SAT NAV in it.

I see in the forums that the current Europe map version is V3 and these are upto 2 years old.

I also saw somewhere (searched but cant find where) that version 4 is out soon.

I have the option to hold off getting a V3 DVD and waiting for V4 DVD but wonder how long it will be.

Waiting means that I have no maps in the interim.

Has anyone heard of a release date for V 4 or should I just get the V3 version.

Generally how much are these upgrades anyway (similar to standalone sat nav map upgrades ?) and are they from skoda dealerships, downloads or web ordered.

D

All

I have ordered a 2.0 170bhp Elegence that has columbus SAT NAV in it.

I see in the forums that the current Europe map version is V3 and these are upto 2 years old.

I also saw somewhere (searched but cant find where) that version 4 is out soon.

I have the option to hold off getting a V3 DVD and waiting for V4 DVD but wonder how long it will be.

Waiting means that I have no maps in the interim.

Has anyone heard of a release date for V 4 or should I just get the V3 version.

Generally how much are these upgrades anyway (similar to standalone sat nav map upgrades ?) and are they from skoda dealerships, downloads or web ordered.

D

ask your dealer if he will give you a free update when the next version comes in. if you've only recently ordered and on good terms the chances are he'll just say yes. if you don't ask you won't get!

One word for that and they describe what's hanging between your legs.

Thought that but i asked the question yesterday about continental maps for the superb and he reckoned they couldnt source them but could supply the details of who could

Unlike the old Superb that I had, the dealer has one disk and they use that on all the cars. The old Superb needed it's own disk.

So I was told......

Edited by 130bhp
Can't spell.

Navigation Disc - Western Europe DVD

Part No - AAN000061A

RNS 510 (Columbus) Navigation System

£ Please consult your retailer for the latest price

And as for price my computer is saying £167 inc VAT.

• 3 weeks later...

V4 is out VW Navigations DVD Westeuropa ! V4 ! RNS 510, RNS510 bei eBay.de: Einbau-Navigationssysteme (endet 22.02.09 13:30:00 MEZ)

The new firmware is version 1100 and contains:

Different volume slider

Bluetooth Audio activation options

AV extension activation options

New fader control panel (see http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg445/breef_album/rns510-sw1100.jpg)

New brightness controls

Faster menu responses

Address import from SD option

Edited by breef

V4 is out VW Navigations DVD Westeuropa ! V4 ! RNS 510, RNS510 bei eBay.de: Einbau-Navigationssysteme (endet 22.02.09 13:30:00 MEZ)

The new firmware is version 1100 and contains:

Different volume slider

Bluetooth Audio activation options

AV extension activation options

New fader control panel (see http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg445/breef_album/rns510-sw1100.jpg)

New brightness controls

Faster menu responses

Address import from SD option

but i have most of those now ?

does it have 7 digit postcodes ?

The firmware version 1100 is not for use in the columbus fitted to the Superb II, if you try and install it at best it will give an error and spit the disk out and at worst will leave you with a door stop. As pointed out by Jonathan most of these updates are already incorporated into the Superb columbus. The 1100 firmware version is intended for the columbus version "A" as fitted into the pre facelifted Octavia which currently has none of these features.

Hopefully the V4 maps have added 7 digit postcodes, I am watching the thread on vwnavi with interest.

Mannyo do you know where i can get hold of this new firmware. I've searched all over VWNavi.com but can't find a link to download it

Cheers

Carl:thumbup:

Still searching myself, bittorrent is the usual source but nothing on their yet.

• 3 weeks later...

All,

Any update on the v4 maps for Columbus / Skoda. I held off on getting maps with new car and retailer ordered latest disk from Skoda Uk. It arrived today but its v3. I rang skoda UK and they said there is no v4 disk available yet through SKODA. Are the v4 maps mentioned here the VW maps that work in the same unit or are they a skoda genuine part.

D