Green Stuff Pads

According to the latest EBC catalogue (2008) the Green Stuff pads are no DP21479 and OEM quality (Black stuff) are DP1479, so the diagram is right. I have never replaced Fabia brakes so I don't know if EBC comes with wear indicators. I was told last week on here that the Fabia vRS does not use these indicators.

Can anyone confirm if Green Stuff comes with wear indicators?

Avoid green stuff pads like the plague, if you do a forum search you will find members all over that have had major issues with these pads. They are fine for normal cars, but on performance cars they just dont cut it. For a vRS you really need the red stuff pads.

I must concur, I have green stuff pads at the moment and I am getting worried when braking. When I brake from speed it feels like I am not going to stop, they feel okay once they are warmed up but I would go with the recommendations of the other guys.

I am changing mine son as got 312mm setup to fit.

Mintex 1144's and Ferodo DS2500's are very good.

I agree - both what Mintex and Ferodo have to offer are far superior to Green Stuff pads.

I had Green Stuff pads all round on a 360bhp Evo 4 and a Supercharged Lotus Elise and both times they dissapointed me. I usually go for the DS2500's myself.

Having said that one of my mates had an Octavia VRS and the two years he came along to our annual Ring trip he was running Red Stuff up front and didn't have a bad word to say about them.

So from the EBC range, if you want an uprated pad skip the Green and go straight into the Red! :thumbup: