4 hours of digging and Im finally free !

MisterGT

:rofl: That's a LOT of snow! I take it the Tavistock road is fairly clear as I reckon they'll have gritted it. Dad said he's had a foot of snow out at South Zeal, and is snowed in. Okehampton was just on the news saying they had 55cm, but not sure where exactly they measured that as it's not "that" bad. I suspect it's more on the moors, like where you are MrGT. :D

........now to rescue the Porsche (clue its under the big pile to the left of the vRS )

measured 45cm in the back garden (thats level not drifting) and over 60cm on the moor

So it took you 4 hours and the picture has the time 7:51 on it. :eek:

I hope that's wrong.......

So it took you 4 hours and the picture has the time 7:51 on it. :eek:

I hope that's wrong.......

Lol, my phone is still set to Florida time, better change it back :)

Jason, The A386 is now clear outside my house. It wouldn't have taken so long to clear if the bloody snowplough didnt keep pushing it back on the drive !

Did your train get stuck in the 5cm...................:)

Relieved one of our anglo-scots the other night, the driver who'd brought it over the Settle & Carlisle said he didn't see the rails for about 40 miles on the moor tops. He reckons the deepest drift he ploughed through was about 5 foot. Worthbearing in mind that our locos weigh over 130tonnes, (plus 1500 - 2300 tonnes of wagons), so they take most things in their stride, he arrived in Knottingley about 25 minutes early!

Unfortunately when I tipped it in Drax, the doors opened, but the coal didn't drop out! Still it keeps the hopper house guys fit, they have some long bars for trying to free the coal out, they managed to empty 33 of the wagons in 2.5 hours, but had to send us out as the queue was building up.

cheers ... Darren