Fitting Maxi-dot display

Can anyone out there give me any assistance please as to where I could get a maxi-dot display fitted, plus any indication of the likely cost, in or around the Lincoln area ?

I am aware it will need to be Vag-Com'd to transfer the information across from my existing display.

One concern I have is whether or not after-market fitting will have an effect on my warranty, as I've only had the car for two months from new.

I know there are some people who have had the job done, and from what I've read it should only take about an hour to fit. My local dealer didn't sound too keen when I contacted them, probably because they are not likely to make a lot of money from it.

Thanks in anticipation.

Unless you know someone good with VCDS then it will have to be done at a dealer.

They will use their diagnostics computer and follow the guided functions for a dashpod swap. Some dealers will say its not possible or will not want to know, you just need to find one who will help. The swap is very much possible using their computer, as thats how mine was coded.

The mileage, and settings will be copied over from the old one, and the pod paired with the main ecu. The only thing that will need to be done again is the key coding to the imobiliser, so when its fitted make sure you have both your keys.

Budget about 1hrs labour I think.

A lot of dealers seem to have this "We only fit parts supplied by us" policy.

I bought my OCty from Dennis Horton in Lincoln.

I had to take it back because the AC was faulty.

While they were doing that work I asked if they would be willing to replace my front bulbs with the Nightbreakers I'd bought.

Basically "No - we only fit what we supply".

So I had to do those myself - not a major problem, but it took me 15-20 minutes and I'm sure it would have taken them 2.

However different story at Vindis in Cambridge (my closest main dealer).

Asked then if I soured myself a Maxidot would they be willing to fit it for me.

"Yes no problem, bring it along and we'll give it ago, hours labour I'd think".

So probably need tophone around dealers close around and see who is willing to give it a go.

A lot of dealers seem to have this "We only fit parts supplied by us" policy.

I bought my OCty from Dennis Horton in Lincoln.

I had to take it back because the AC was faulty.

While they were doing that work I asked if they would be willing to replace my front bulbs with the Nightbreakers I'd bought.

Basically "No - we only fit what we supply".

So I had to do those myself - not a major problem, but it took me 15-20 minutes and I'm sure it would have taken them 2.

However different story at Vindis in Cambridge (my closest main dealer).

Asked then if I soured myself a Maxidot would they be willing to fit it for me.

"Yes no problem, bring it along and we'll give it ago, hours labour I'd think".

So probably need tophone around dealers close around and see who is willing to give it a go.

As you said, Hortons don't seem to want to touch it with a barge pole for some reason. When I rang them about the possibility of getting one retro-fitted through them a lad tried telling me it would cost about a thousand pounds for the pod, and that there would be all sorts of things which would need altering to make it work.

Strange how you get different answers from different dealers when they are all franchised !