These Seats offered by the DVLA - are they ever won?

Scathel

I'm always seeing Seats (I think it was Ibizas followed by Cupras :confused:) being offered as prizes by the DVLA.

I found some links naming early winners but i'm just cynical of the whole set up!

With a forum with as many members as this has, one would think that somebody here would've heard of somebody winning one - so has anybody?

Steve

It's grossly unfair is this. I have to visit the post office to do mine as I'm not allowed (for reasons I won't go into) to do it on line which excludes me from the competition. I've a good mind to write to the DVLA to complain, especially as it took them ages to transfer a number plate too !

I find myself thinking "Ebay".

Have renewed online (car and bike, twice a year every year) since it started and I have won precisely nowt. Like all Government initiatives, a big swizz I reckon. Should spend the money on snowploughs instead of wasting it all giving away free cars to people who obviously already have cars (and hence, are taxing them) but can't drive them anywhere because the country has stopped working after a light dusting of sky flakes.

Rant over.

:mad:

Is this thread for real?! :confused:

How many taxed cars are there on the road? Something like 25 million? And DVLA offer a car a month, or something?

So if we say there are two million people renewing their car tax each month, that's a one-in-two-million chance of winning a car - to put that in perspective, given that the UK lottery's drawn every week rather than every month, you might as well be asking around to see if anyone on here's ever got the jackpot or five numbers plus the bonus ball on the lottery!!! :rofl:

Is this thread for real?! :confused:

How many taxed cars are there on the road? Something like 25 million? And DVLA offer a car a month, or something?

So if we say there are two million people renewing their car tax each month, that's a one-in-two-million chance of winning a car - to put that in perspective, given that the UK lottery's drawn every week rather than every month, you might as well be asking around to see if anyone on here's ever got the jackpot or five numbers plus the bonus ball on the lottery!!! :rofl:

I was wondering if anybody KNOWS of anyone winning one of these cars; given that a large number of people frequent other car forums (including I assume Seat ones), perhaps somebody in another forum might have mentioned it?

With a membership on this forum of over 40,000, and the average person knowing (well, shall we place a very conservative figure of) 150 people ( I know I know more people than this, and I'm sure most other folks do too), this makes a network of around 6 million people.

On top of that, how many of us (families, businesses, etc) tax two or more vehicles?

I just thought that somenbody might know one of the lucky few......looks like nobody does!

So, does anybody know of anybody who has got 5 numbers plus the bonus in the lottery then? :rolleyes:

Edited by Scathel
Poor speeling

You really know 150 people? Properly? I reckon I probably 'know' about 12! I suppose there's always the chance that someone in the office might win, which would increase the numbers, but then again not really, because everyone I claim that way is a person that one of my colleagues couldn't claim...

Do you know anyone who's won big on the lottery, then? I mean, if you've known your network of 150 friends for 10 years, and all of them play the lottery every week, there's still only one chance in ten that any of them has won more than a tenner...

This isn't a dig, just an illustration of the kind of probabilities that the DVLA's draw involves...

I find myself thinking "remap".

Interesting point -what's to stop you.After all ,AFAIK no requirement to inform DVLA of any mods .