Weird smell

XP3NNY

I have spoken with Bluefox about this and we were both shocked to read this thread.............:eek:

I am however seeing a common theme here though, re-mapping / chipping the cars seems to have an effect surely?

I have spoken with Bluefox about this and we were both shocked to read this thread.............:eek:

I am however seeing a common theme here though, re-mapping / chipping the cars seems to have an effect surely?

Partly agree. The remap will have something to do with it, but I don't drive my car irrationally so I blame a lot on the previous owner :rolleyes: My friend has got a Passat 51 plate with the same engine and his clutch went of at 105k

Before i got my car it had a replacement DMF and Clutch at 105k, its also not remapped.

Did notice when the turbo was playing up, i was getting shudder at 2000rpm in 4th gear...now the turbo has been replaced it no longer shudders.

Not trying to suggest the turbo is on its way out, just weird that it gave false feelings towards the DMF being duff.

Yeah, it does seem a little odd.

I understand that anything over 300lb/ft of torque will quickly destroy a standard clutch/DMF, and even generic remaps on a 130bhp are nudging that figure.

However it seems as though it might depend on how the car's used - both Baker's and my own Superbs are very much motorway cars. Perhaps one of our resident taxi drivers would confirm, but I'd suspect with such a heavy car town driving/start-stopping would wear a clutch much quicker than we've experienced.