Anyone been mapped by MORE-BHP

homeruk187

Evening All

I've always bought new cars and trading my old one in but I am pondering what to do next. I will have had my vrs now for 3 years this April and theres nothing out there that will give me a better ride for my bucks than what I'm driving now. The car has only 12.5 k on the clock fully serviced and was thinking about a re-map if I'm keeping it.

Theres a place called more-bhp that will do it for £195 - discount, anyone had any dealings with this company?

I've had a quick butchers and they have been nothing but good reviews on the VW forums. My car has a couple of MODS but Jabba is a good 2 hours trek and a whole £100 more. I know Jabba seems to be the place to go for Skoda remaps but a 100 squid could be a rear strut brace fitted!!!!

Laters

Never heard of them, I would however recommend Jabba. They maybe more expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for. The £195 map may initially seem ok, but if things are not setup right like boost levels and fuelling you could end up looking at more than 1K for a new turbo, or worse still end up forking out for a new engine.

Given the choice between Jabba and another company I had not heard of then I would go to Jabba despite the extra cost.

Never heard of them, I would however recommend Jabba. They maybe more expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for. The £195 map may initially seem ok, but if things are not setup right like boost levels and fuelling you could end up looking at more than 1K for a new turbo, or worse still end up forking out for a new engine.

Given the choice between Jabba and another company I had not heard of then I would go to Jabba despite the extra cost.

I know were you are coming from and here's a links to there web site, hope I'm not breaking any rules by putting this here!

VW Audi Seat Skoda BMW Fiat Remapping and Chip Tuning

Laters

P Torque in Wolves are competiviely priced and Will is a sound guy who knows this stuff.

£265 I think my remapm was and my Fabia VRS made 181bhp and 302 lb ft (more inclined to think its around 175bhp and 295lb ft) but still bloody quick.

Very happy.

Yep, would definitely back you up on that one

ARGH! decisions.... Read the reviews of More-bhp, and they seem to have pretty good feedback from the Golf members, so im really torn on whether to go to will at P- Torque, or save £100 and try this place out. What do you think?

ARGH! decisions.... Read the reviews of More-bhp, and they seem to have pretty good feedback from the Golf members, so im really torn on whether to go to will at P- Torque, or save £100 and try this place out. What do you think?

You can go first and tell me what its like :o

Ive since emailed more-bhp, and had this response about remapping my vRS:

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for your enquiry.

Sorry dont really have any graphs mainly because we make so many different tunes.. What I mean by this is that different people have different requirements.

As you have already said you want to keep your clutch in one piece which I'm glad you realise is important. We would make a tune that adds just a little boost with greatly revamped fuelling and torque delivery. We also change the throttle requests.

By going deep into the reprogramming we can make the power band much wider and longer lasting whilst making it smoother and "nicer" to drive.

Power wise - like I say we tailor it to your requirents.. a good stage 1 that is kind to the car is 160-165bhp... more is available but clutches dont always stand the strain. Similarly 60-70 NM is enough of an increase to maintain clutch life.

If you are bringing the car to us then the price is just £195. Mobile service is available but its much more expensive.

Any more opinions, before I take the plunge and have it done?

Yes I have a few....

a) We make a huge amount of software.... so we have plenty of dyno graphs.... so his comment there confuses me a little. They make alot of software, but don't have any graphs??

B) Not sure what he means by changing ''throttle requests'' their is no such map in the software

c) A good stage 1 making 160bhp?? Most 130PD's make 145 - 150 in stock form, so a 10 - 15bhp gains isn't good. I'm guessing they didn't know this as they may never had been near a dyno with one :rolleyes:

Cheap for reason in my opinion, but I'm sure other members will give more opinions too :thumbup:

I think his email is bullsh!t. Tries to make it sound technical, but without actually saying anything very concrete.

How much boost is "a litle boost"?

What is "revamped fueling"?

How deep is "deep into the reprogramming?"

Some of the well known and well respected tuners on here have some very good priced re-map offers at the moment. Why risk it elsewhere?

I was having a similar dilemma when I was considering getting my car remapped. In the end I decided a £100 is neither were nor there when it comes to remapping. Even if the map was identical I would prefer to pay a little more get it done somewhere with a good reputation, and who can offer their support should you have any problems down the line.

The fact that p-torque post regularly on a public forum shows that they're open and willing to help, as is true of most of the sponsors of this site. Remember to 'support those that give something back' :)

• 2 months later...

i have been running my P-Torque remap for approx 1K now and have no problems at all. I'm careful not to use full power below 2250 RPM but My Fabia Vrs made 143BHP @ 246lbs stock and 168 BHP and 296lbs remapped. The difference is amazing. Not the increase in power and torque but the way the car holds the surge of power now.

I have noticed the MPG stay unchanged and the drivability increase, the main difference is at motorway speeds and accelerating from roundabouts, something in Milton keynes i do a lot of!!!!!!

I'm not a racer but following a mate in his Volvo V70 D5 i was able to catch with ease from the usual roundabout speeds up to the NSL.

An excellent improvement and a worthwhile mod to completely change my perception of the car and its drive ability.

Cheers

Matt

I don't have a Fabia so can't comment on what More-bhp maps are like on them...

But i have a Polo GTi 1.8T and had mine remapped there, it's a very smooth remap and there is a massive difference in acceleration over standard, still to get it RR'd though to see what the increase was. Should be 180-190 bhp and 190-200lb ft.

Jason is a top guy too!

Hope that helps a little :)