R32 23MM front ARB

Ender

One question.

Why would you want to create more understeer on a car that has it allready by the bucket load?

Other than that yes its the MK4 one you want.

1J0 411 305 AF

:rofl: was thinking the same thing,

not worth uprating the front arb, i thought about it, once, and decided it was a bad idea

Hi Lummox,

I dont have any understeer, I used too before i changed everything, my car as it stands oversteers like a hooligan, I dont know why, it used to understeer terrible before the FSD'S, Neurspeed rear ARB, Neurspeed front upper strut, H&R Springs, poweflex bush upgrades all round and 19" wheels..

Im hoping beyond hope that the R32 front ARB will bring it somewhere back to neutral if not then alittle understeer as thats how I like it, but apart from that my drop links are shot and it needs doing ASAP and i have the droplinks and bushs for a 23MM FARB already so I may aswell give it a whirl, as it stands the car is just to pointy, scarely so at times!.

Thx again for your help.

P.S if it does go back to the old standard of understeer then I can take of the front strut and go up a click on the rear ARB to counter it.. but im thinking that as it stands it "should" be semi nuetral afterwards.

Hi Lummox,

I dont have any understeer, I used too before i changed everything, my car as it stands oversteers like a hooligan, I dont know why, it used to understeer terrible before the FSD'S, Neurspeed rear ARB, Neurspeed front upper strut, H&R Springs, poweflex bush upgrades all round and 19" wheels..

Im hoping beyond hope that the R32 front ARB will bring it somewhere back to neutral if not then alittle understeer as thats how I like it, but apart from that my drop links are shot and it needs doing ASAP and i have the droplinks and bushs for a 23MM FARB already so I may aswell give it a whirl, as it stands the car is just to pointy, scarely so at times!.

Thx again for your help.

P.S if it does go back to the old standard of understeer then I can take of the front strut and go up a click on the rear ARB to counter it.. but im thinking that as it stands it "should" be semi nuetral afterwards.

I agree with Lummox but I don't think we realised you had a big RARB, the unbalance of which is your issue. I would recomend going with Nuspeed or similar large FARB not the 23mm one, the stock 1.6 octavia one is 21mm - 23mm really isn't that much. Better to kill your problem with an aftermarket one matched to the rear, as your rear one is extremely strong and I doubt any factory front one will keep up with it. Alternatively, drop your adjustment or RARB size down to gain nuteral balance again, though this will slightly reduce your roll stiffness.

Greg.

I opted to change mine as my old bar was knacked so i went for the R32 23mm bar with powerflex bushes.

With the Neuspeed 28mm rear bar,Koni/h&R and the R32 the car handles very well and is neutral.Steering is sharper on turn in but it is a little rougher on roads than a standard car.

I opted to change mine as my old bar was knacked so i went for the R32 23mm bar with powerflex bushes.

With the Neuspeed 28mm rear bar,Koni/h&R and the R32 the car handles very well and is neutral.Steering is sharper on turn in but it is a little rougher on roads than a standard car.

We have a very similer setup, so im hopeful i'll acheive what I wish.

:thumbup:

yeh im about to fit koni fsd'd with h&r springs and superpro bushes all round (except powerflex wishbones) and need my front replacing at some point, obviously i will be gettin a rear anti roll bar soon,

would people advise to maybe get the eibach bar with a new OEM front arb,

or get something like a 28mm bar, and an uprated rear arb

yeh im about to fit koni fsd'd with h&r springs and superpro bushes all round (except powerflex wishbones) and need my front replacing at some point, obviously i will be gettin a rear anti roll bar soon,

would people advise to maybe get the eibach bar with a new OEM front arb,

or get something like a 28mm bar, and an uprated rear arb

Go with the Neuspeed 28mm rear bar 1st of all and then see how the car handles. If your front bar needs changing then i would upgrade to the 23mm bar.

If you are stuck on getting the 23mm front bar then it would be worth getting it done while your getting the other work done as it will only add 1 hours labour on top of the cost of bar etc. and will save you having to get the wheel alignment cost as will.

well i doing all the work myself, well everything untill i decide to do the front arb anyway, ive heard thats a biit more complicated. and i have a mate at skoda that will do it for £40

I would do it all in one go as you will have the wishbones off you might as well drop the sub frame so you can fit a new arb.I thought it would be hard and got mine done but i would do mine next time as it's not that bad from what i saw.

Did anyone have any part numbers in the end? I assume people have bought them from their local stealership? And how much did people pay? I know u need bigger bushes when u fit it but is that it?

Are you on about the standard VRS FARB?

If so you will need the following:

FARB - 1J0 411 305 AD Listed as Stabilizer £54.06 + VAT

Mounting Bush X 2 - 1J0 411 314 S although I went with Superpro 19mm bushes in the end £3.87 + VAT Each

Clip (Bush bracket) X 2 1J0 411 336 D £5.29 + VAT Each

These prices are as of Jan 08 though so may well be higher now.

HTH

Ian

lex, how does your car handle? ive got FSD's and H&R springs waiting to go on, your basically running the suspension set up im aiming for, only im thinking about the neuspeed 28mm RARB and possibly a bigger FARB, but im undecided at the moment.

Once i fit my FSD's ( 3 weeks time) think the plan is to do my RARB then the top and bottom S3 struts, then decide if i want to change the FARB

Mate my car's handling is lovely compared to when it was on standard shocks and springs.

I've lost all the bounciness of the stock set up and turn in is crisp, sharp and precise and putting power down is so much easier and more controllable.

I thought about uprating my roll bars but to be honest I don't think I'll bother. I have 22mm whiteline RARB on hardest setting and it is virtually perfectly balanced combined with the standard FARB with maybe a tad of bias towards the rear.

I may go for the Neuspeed 25mm in time but on a softer setting to keep similar balance to now if I do it will be simply because the Neuspeed is a better quality product.

Had new (decent) tyres fitted yesterday and it just grips and grips on the twisties now :D Luvin it :thumbup:

Oh and I think post 2 has the part number you need.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I had a quote on the R32 FARB from local dealer @ £70.

Is the neuspeed 28mm RARB really worth the extra cost @ around £260.

Compared to the whiteline bar @ around £150.

I was lucky to get the neuspeed bar for £195 inc vat as there was an offer on at the time and i do believe prices have gone up since due to the exchange rate.

Whether or not it's worth the extra i would say 'yes' mainly due to the better build quality of the neuspeed one as some people have reported problems with brackets on the whiteline one.

At the end of the day it depends if you have the extra cash.