iPod connections? vRS

You'll only have an aux in on the vRS if you have a jumbo box/armrest between the front seats. If you do then it's on the right of the box immediately under the lid, under a little rubbery plastic flap. I've got one and the sound quality is excellent, provided you have a decent cable. Recommended.

Not sure what you can do if not got the jumbo in though, as I agree the FM transmitters are a bit hit and miss.

No, don't have one. Was planning on buying it until my stereo decided to develop a mind of it's own and now controls the volume by itself!

I'm going to buy something that has an aux in to replace it.

http://briskoda.net/ice-security-insurance/installing-my-mp3-kit-today/90871/

buy a pair of wires from a vw garage, 2x 000979010

ipod to 3.5mm lead from maplins for £15 iPod - 3.5mm Stereo Cable > Maplin

cut the two wires in half and push into the left, right and earth slot on the aux choc block in back of mp3 stream. Cut off the 3.5mm end of ipod lead and use a voltmeter to figure out which wire is which (earth, left and right) then connect these to the correct wires that you have put into the aux choc block on back of stereo and then thread it through to glove compartment.

go into menu option on stream and enable aux and once on aux menu choose a setting by pressing the bottom right button for aux 1, 2 or 3 (3 loudest)

Probably 20 minutes job and no more than £20. if you got a ordinary mp3 player than just get a 3.5mm hifi lead instead of the ipod to 3.5mm lead which will be a few quid.

certainly cheaper than a £100 quid ipod kit and just a sgood quality.

I have a Jumbo box but can not find the Aux jack. Could some one please explain or post a pic of where it should be?

Fanks!

I think you need a Stream MP3 for the Aux...

I have a Jumbo box but can not find the Aux jack. Could some one please explain or post a pic of where it should be?

Fanks!

Lift up the arm rest so as you look into the box and there is a little flap in there. Lift it up and there it is!

HTH

When you say flap do you mean the plastic pull up tab to allow air into the jumbo box? There is no rubber flap in my box, i have lifted up the platic air tab and looked around inside, still no jack plug???

If you had one it would be obvious - it's not hidden away secretly! It would be on the raised shelf inside the jumbo box (the bit with the knobbly plastic on it) right next to the tab you pull up to let the aircon into the jumbo box. Little plastic flap about 8mmx8mm with "AUX" written on it in white letters.As somebody else says, if your car doesn't have the Stream system in it then you might not get one, even with the jumbo box.SW

I have been watching these iPod threads for a solution as well - in the end I waited till the local stereo chain had a killer sale and swooped on a new Panasonic with all the bells and whistles including direct iPod control - out with the Skoda stuff and in with the Panasonic - end of problem. "Fusion" have just launched an iPod only player here in NZ, the front face flops down, slide in the iPod - where the CD used to go and away you go, No CD player just radio and iPod, pretty smart !!

Just to clarify if you have an earlier model around an 06 on a 55 plate you may have the jumbo box but not the mp3 connector in it, this is because the stereo fitted is a "stream" but not an mp3 "stream" therefore is not enabled to play mp3's or does not have an aux connector.

There is an old thread on here, briskoda.net/ice-security-insurance/installing-my-mp3-kit-today/90871 hope this helps you out

thats mine and have since updated it with some stuff.:thumbup: