Please can someone explain how to wire a push switch

Hi

I have read a lot of posts re igniton problems with felicia.

My barrel has collapsed, managed to get the key out.

The problem I now have is had to smash the key fob to remove the key, with strong pliers this peice of the key will start the car.

Put a new barrel in but that key wont start the car.

Having been car less for 5 days now I am fed up.

Is there a temp fix that I can do?

If so please could you tell me how.

The other posts that I have read about push switches dont make it clear enough where to run the wiring.

Thank you:):):)

If the new barrel is correctly wired and won't start the car - I doubt a push switch would work.

I wonder if this is an immobiliser issue and some coding needs to be done?

Would guess it is... The new barrel and key will have a different immobiliser code than the last one which is stored/coded into the control unit... would probably need to be coded via vag-com or similar but no idea how... perhaps a post in the diagnostics section might yield some results?

Phil

Thank you to both who have replied.

I know I will appear very dull when I ask this question, but I`ll ask anyway:)

Is the chip built into the metal of the key or into the keyfob?

The reason for my asking is that if its in the key fob, why does the car still start with the old key without the fob attatched?

Is there no way of bypassing the imobiliser?

Again perhaps a dull question, but I really am a very fed up mum!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Hi

Thank you for that, really appreciate it.

If thats right though, then why does the car still start with the old mashed bit of metal that is no longer connected to the fob?

Thats what I cant quite grasp(sorry it has been a very long day here):)

Also, I seem unable to find the chip in the fob, I have now looked at 3 keys and cant find it in any:)

the immobilizer was optional on the really early models, but on 1998 they all have them, it is possible to bypass it but it would be easier in your case just to fix it properly..

is it an edge key or a blade type key??

Hi

The key is smooth on both sides.

I know it is the best option to fix it properly, but will it work?

I am very sceptical at this point that it will ever run again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

My logic was, bypass the immobilisor, it then becomes one less problem.:)

Thank you for trying to help, I really do appreciate it.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure I will find it, I was looking for a chip.

Please don`t think I am being impolite, but I need to sign off for tonight.

I have to be up at 5.30am.

If there is anymore advice that you can give me, I would be extremely grateful.

I will log back on tomorrow.

Thank you for the help so far, really appreciated.

Goodnight:)

its possible to fix the barrel.

mine barrel was also collapsed, its medium hard DIY job :)

the most complicated step is loosening the security screws they have no patterns of any screw drivers or sockets moreover they are surrounded by aluminum casing thus you cant grab them with pilers.

the way for loosening that screws is to breaking off some aluminum and open a small window around each screw and tipping with sharp pointed material like nail.

after that its very easy.

in my opinion the problem depends on cover of key hole.

you know there was a little cover which prevent dust or something entering mechanism.

there is very important thing to remember ! if this cover mechanism collapsed and caused that problem and if you fix it in my way, steering wheel locking mechanism will be active anytime you turn the key all way to left(position 0) not after taking the key out.

The immobiliser system in the Felly uses a transponder. As long as the old key is close to the ignition lock, the Engine Management System will get the correct response from the transponder, and allow you to start the car, even though it's also getting a wrong response from the transponder in the new key.

The immobiliser system in the Felly uses a transponder. As long as the old key is close to the ignition lock, the Engine Management System will get the correct response from the transponder, and allow you to start the car, even though it's also getting a wrong response from the transponder in the new key.

yes, it has to be quite close though, iirc you only need it to start the engine, once it's running it doesn't need to be near the reciever