CR170 DSG mpg

Actual MFD Display Average Speed Total Mileage Engine

43,4* 49.5** 35mph*** 2500 miles CR170 DSG

* Last brim to brim incl. Webasto diesel heater consumption.

** I have and use the external Webasto diesel heater which explain at least some of the difference, proper comparison in a few months time when I won't need to heat the car...

*** Average for the 2500 miles.

Edited by Minuss

That's not great figures from either of you, on the read with the mph figure an urban user would be struggling just into 30mpg with a mph of around 14mph.

But thx for posting good honest figures it'll be a big help to a lot of ppl when considering what to choose.

Perhaps one of you could do an urban readout when you are just knocking around town and the display reads less than 16mph, thx.

Seems pretty good to me our 170hp Octy does 42-44 on a mainly motorway commute

For the first 10,000miles it rarely went over 40mpg average

That's not great figures from either of you, on the read with the mph figure an urban user would be struggling just into 30mpg with a mph of around 14mph.

If you only travel urban at an average of 14 mph you should get a bicycle... ;)

The Superb 170 DSG is advertised at 46 mpg average and 36 mpg urban. I think those figures are quite accurate. I commute on motarway 2 x 40 miles a day at (legal) 70 mph at least parts of the way. The MFD then gives 52-55 mpg. I also do urban travel since I have my old folks at the hospital, those trips gives around 35 mpg on the MFD.

I do suspect my MFD give me too nice figures though, but I cannot check that properly until I stop using the Webasto heater.

I am very happy with the power & mpg (in combination) the 170CR delivers!

If you only travel urban at an average of 14 mph you should get a bicycle... ;)

The Superb 170 DSG is advertised at 46 mpg average and 36 mpg urban. I think those figures are quite accurate. I commute on motarway 2 x 40 miles a day at (legal) 70 mph at least parts of the way. The MFD then gives 52-55 mpg. I also do urban travel since I have my old folks at the hospital, those trips gives around 35 mpg on the MFD.

I do suspect my MFD give me too nice figures though, but I cannot check that properly until I stop using the Webasto heater.

I am very happy with the power & mpg (in combination) the 170CR delivers!

:rofl: 14 mpg average isn't 14 mph all the time bud ;)

The figures you posted conclude with my mates Touran DSG but it's not a 170 model, I just thought the two other guy's struggling just into 40mpg overall was poor regarding the useage, even my 130 1.9 auto will get to 46mpg on the long runs, 28-30 urban depending on if I got a good job that day, but when it's all urban she rarely climbs much past 25mpg tbh.

This time I got:

MFD 41.2 Actual 38.2 Speed 27 mph

Maybe the DSG gearbox prefers longer faster runs as in the last fill up.

Thought I would add my contribution. Averaging weekly over two trips of just over 220 miles each and 50miles urban fuel consumption is averaging 48.2mpg. Very happy with that:)

Is that on the MFD, possibly 3-4 mpg over reading, or an actual brim to brim check?

Also what was the average speed on counter 2?

Hi Graham,

Actually calculated from brim to brim. Average speed on the counter is 46 MPH

Hi Graham,

Actually calculated from brim to brim. Average speed on the counter is 46 MPH

best way to do it imo , average speed is a pointless comparison really an average speed of 30mph with mostly town driving would be very different to an average speed of 30mph on a motorway trip with hold ups.

• 1 month later...

Actual MFD Display Average Speed Total Mileage Engine

50 55 - 6200 miles CR170 DSG

First test without the webasto heater. MFD off by ca. 10%. Will ask at the dealers next week to recalibrate it.

The 50 mpg was brim to brim, based on commuting on the highway 80 miles per day @ 70 mph + some urban. I would have been even happier with the consumption if the MFD had been correct but 50 mpg is very fine with me! :D