Octavia I Steevie Wonders Silver bullet engine build

Steevie Wonder

how about just bring it to the next rr and we can all see for ourselfs how powerful she is:thumbup:

p.s how come you didnt go for an equal length and a better inlet steve???

I have no doubt on the power she will be putting out. Once i'm in a position I will be bringing it to a RR day, I think some critics need silencing:)

Intake might get changed if I see it necessary, as for the manifold it's good and has been proven up to 550bhp, so my set up should be ok.

Steve:)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest westallc
I have no doubt on the power she will be putting out. Once i'm in a position I will be bringing it to a RR day, I think some critics need silencing:)

Intake might get changed if I see it necessary, as for the manifold it's good and has been proven up to 550bhp, so my set up should be ok.

nice cant wait your car i loverly i wish i had the cash:thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right then.....

After months of not having the car I pick it up tomorrow from Jabba:cool:

I will have to run it in again and get mapped tweeked but I'll just be glad to have it back!

Will post (more) pics of the meth injection set up tomorrow.

Steve:D

• 1 month later...

UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!

Car has now covered 2k miles on the 'new' engine; it has been fully run in and has cost a small fortune on the oil changes.....

There is a base map on the car which isn't activating the meth yet, but even as it is, it feel a lot stronger and smoother than the old IHI set up. It is incredibly driveable and torquey as hell!!!!!

The engine note is much deeper and harder (similar to an MR400 Evo for those of you that know what one sounds like!!), it also has a great habit of popping and banging on the overrun.

The polished oil catch tank is now on and I have a full set of blue silicon hoses on the way for the coolant/heater matrix etc. so it should now start looking a bit better under the bonnet....

I think it'll be in the new year before I take it back to Jabba for Michael to do the final map - hopefully by then I'll have another 2-3k on the clock so the engine will be as loose as a hookers frilly briefs!!!!:D Only then will I see how well everything has worked out!

What BHP are you hoping for mate?

Anything around 430bhp/440bhp will be fine, whilst the engine would take more it wouldn't be driveable, I intend to use this everyday for work. Torque should be around 400/410 ibs/ft, which will be nice!:)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a few more to keep it up to date.......

Here are a couple of the new oil catch tank and Forge RS supersize dump valve....

I have a full set of Forge silicon coolant hoses (blue) to go on next wkend......happy days!

Steve

Edited by Steevie Wonder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

**UPDATE**

All being well I can get it mapped in the next three weeks - waiting to hear off Brian @ Jabba to confirm dates etc.

The car itself is running as sweet as ever and considering how highly tuned it is it is as driveable as when I picked it up from the show room 7 years ago with only 3 miles on the clock.

The new Forge RS dump valve is a real cracker too....another small piece of engine bay bling... Just waiting on the blue coolant hoses and cam cover now.............I'm sure i'm turning into a tart!!!!!

More will be posted over the next few weeks or so.

Steve

Edited by Steevie Wonder

Guest westallc

steve very nice mate

have you thought about the n249 bypass ?? it makes a good difference buddy and tidy'd the top of the engine bay getting rid of the vacuum box above coil pack 4??

love this car please take it to coombe