Octavia I Steevie Wonders Silver bullet engine build

Steevie Wonder

Here we go then.......

Cars going tomorrow to Jabba for the full strip down and rebuild to the following spec:

1.9 20v Owens/Garrett gt30 turbo

AGU ported/flowed head

Supertech inconel/nitrade valves

JE pistons

Scat rods

Baffled sump

Genesis 550cc injectors

Inline Bosch fuel pump

Various enlarged pipes etc. etc.

I'm hoping for a very useable 440bhp and 400/410ibs/ft torque.

Here are some pics of the new turbo:D More to follow very soon.

Enjoy!!

Steve:)

Edited by Steevie Wonder

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not a gt30 as such Tom its a hybrid between an IHI of some sort and a gt30 so will be very interesting to see the results :thumbup:

but as others have said owen are very very good for turbo's and have been in the business of building WRC turbo's for years so definitly know what they are doing :)

This is why i wish i earned more money. Thats cars going to be insane. If its anything like delcacs red one you will have a ridiculously quick motor. I got a cabby in delcacs when i was at Impossible Performance and it was ridiculously fast.

I bet you aching to get in in now, lol

Its looking good :)

Owens are very good at building turbos, which makes it pretty easy for us to tell them the spec we want to make it work.

Its a little bit of a wierd one really, as technically its a GT30/Owens hybrid with a IHI fitment, so apart from the flanges being cast the same as an IHI by Owens nothing else is IHI.

I have the slightly bigger version on my Audi but its being restricted by the standard small port head at the min... but based on mine with 4wd i would say you have my upmost respect for doing this to a 2wd car :D its going to be a monster :thumbup:

I have the slightly bigger version on my Audi but its being restricted by the standard small port head at the min... but based on mine with 4wd i would say you have my upmost respect for doing this to a 2wd car :D its going to be a monster :thumbup:

Luke,

It may be worth noting that yours is still running the standard mahle pistons (81mm) hence the reletively low 412bhp:rofl:

You should do yours up to a 2 litre when your AGU head goes on:eek::eek::thumbup: F*ck me that would give you whip lash when you floor it!!!

Luke,

It may be worth noting that yours is still running the standard mahle pistons (81mm) hence the reletively low 412bhp:rofl:

You should do yours up to a 2 litre when your AGU head goes on:eek::eek::thumbup: F*ck me that would give you whip lash when you floor it!!!

Very true, standard BAM pistons in fact ;)

2.0 is on the cards, along with a few other goodies but time is the issue at the min as im supposed to be going to germany in may! and i have got lots of other bits to do before then to the race car, so it could be going back in as a 1.8 seeing what the flowed AGU does and then take it back out for the 2.0 ... fun :)

• 3 weeks later...