Octavia I Steevie Wonders Silver bullet engine build

Steevie Wonder

haha, quick progress update,

Block has been faced this morning and looking proper now (nick took those pics when the paint was still wet so non of the faces had been cleaned) :)

I have just finished gapping the rings, so they will be built up onto the pistons and the pistons fitted to the rods. Im hoping to have a fully built bottom end by tonight then its ready for me to fit the head and so on tomorow morning. :D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

The engine is now ready to be refitted, everything has been fitted back on including all new water (metal impellor) and oil pumps, bolts, seals and gaskets. As much of the engine as possible has been blasted and treated to preserve it's faultless appearance.

When I collect it it will have a simple base map on it, as I want to cover a good 1000-1500 miles before it is mapped hard.

I have to say I am over the moon with how it all looks, I just can't wait to get it back and rack a few miles up......

Steve:)

Hi Steve,

Looks good, hope you've taken the opportunity to have the engine bay cleaned and waxed while the engine has been out!. Does your hybrid turbo fit directly back onto your original Jabba manifold and down pipe or have these been changed too?

Hi Steve,

Looks good, hope you've taken the opportunity to have the engine bay cleaned and waxed while the engine has been out!. Does your hybrid turbo fit directly back onto your original Jabba manifold and down pipe or have these been changed too?

Clean the engine bay......:rofl: No, I really couldn't be ar$ed with doing any of that, too f'kin lazy if im honest!

Had a new Jabba manifold fitted (under warrenty), slightly different as the ports are made larger, it is still ceramic lined, not 100% sure of what else is different with it at this point in time.

Downpipe is the same, but again it has been modified to fit.

I'd rather not spout out publically about how much this is costing me (not as much as you might think TBH), but it is going to be well worth it, the turbo alone was a tidy 4 figure sum from Owens:eek:

Plus I’m having a few extra jobs done too like plumbing in the methanol injection system, head fully flowed and ported etc. - AGU large port head and manifold was £250 off eBay-bargain!

I know how well the car went before with stock internals and the IHI, so with this new bullet proof setup on I know it will rival and outperform cars costing 80k+..... All from a humble little Skoda, reverse snobbery I think it is called:)

You can't put a price on quality, I've been with Jabba for 6 years nearly and they have never put a foot out of place....long may that continue!!

I've missed this thread until now.

The pictures of the work on the engine made me drool! :) Good luck to you! I will have to make it to a Briskoda meet that you attend to see it in action when it's done ;)

Thanks guys, it sure will be a wild one!!

Engine now in, just need to sort out the induction system, I am thinking of asking them to relocate the battery to the boot to allow the intake pipe to make a clean run down the engine bay...

See what you think.

Guest westallc

steve are you not going to run a catch tank to stop all the crap getting into your intake system???????????? i would have thought this would be on the top of the list!!:confused:

car is going to be an animal:D cant wait to see her in the flesh:thumbup:

and it might be worth running an itake like des straight through with the battery re located then you can run a big bore size :thumbup: because that bitch will be sucking like mad:rofl:

all the best mate keep up the great work:thumbup:

steve are you not going to run a catch tank to stop all the crap getting into your intake system???????????? i would have thought this would be on the top of the list!!:confused:

car is going to be an animal:D cant wait to see her in the flesh:thumbup:

and it might be worth running an itake like des straight through with the battery re located then you can run a big bore size :thumbup: because that bitch will be sucking like mad:rofl:

all the best mate keep up the great work:thumbup:

I'm going to be using a Mocal catch tank, just need to get it.....

Battery will be relocated in the boot, get a clear run then.

Guest westallc
I'm going to be using a Mocal catch tank, just need to get it.....

Battery will be relocated in the boot, get a clear run then.

:thumbup: