Two little things Ive always wondered about

(1)

Why when you select reverse gear when you have the fan out does it suddenly sound like the fan has gone into Turbo mode lol ??? :confused:

(2)

Why is there a little very high pitch Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping noise when your foot is on the brake at a stand still ??? :confused:

Just always wondered !

1. Fan goes into recirculation mode when reverse is selected, so as you reverse into your own fumes, they're not brought into the car.

2. No idea - never experienced that one, ever.

1. Fan goes into recirculation mode when reverse is selected, so as you reverse into your own fumes, they're not brought into the car.

2. No idea - never experienced that one, ever.

Ahhhh now I know

1) Down

2) To go...

RE point 2 about the brake squealing noise:

My 07 vRS does that too. Especially when pulling up to a junction. If you keep your foot on the brake, the squealing continues forever, even when the car is not in motion. Take your foot off then re-apply the brake and it goes.

Its weird, but that sound is very reminiscent of electrical interference/frequency noise. Must be some part of the braking system's electronics.

1) As already said.

2) AFAIK, it's to do with the ABS electrical unit that's inside the car. Every one does it, although unless you drive by yourself and without music on you shouldn't really notice it.

I've never heard the sqeaky brake thing, and I usually drive without music on ... I'm going to have to go and have a listen now :)

I've always thought these cars make far too many noises as it is ...

Just to re-assure you. Mine does it as well. Only from the front left, and its usually when the brakes are hot.

All these wee noises and creeks really annoy me as well! Think i will end up duck taping my dash together and putting grease on the disks to stop them grinding. LOL :rofl:

I get something similar in the VRS, and my Polo used to do it as well. Turning left with slight application of the brakes, I get a sound similar to the warning beep when the ECU decides somethings not right. Very faint, but it's there. It's either the ABS unit modulating the valves, or weird quiet brake squeal.

• 2 weeks later...

I too get this high pitched tone when applying the brakes, seems to come from the left side of the cabin as well. Its definately electronic, nothing else seems out of the ordinary so untill I hear any further suggestions for explanations I'm not going to worry and am choosing to ignore it.