Rain - X

hobnob

Used to use this on my polo ages ago and seem to have trouble finding it these days. For those who don't know it's like a wax for your windows to repel the water.

Does anyone know anything that does the same for your windows but maybe a little bit better. I have tried Autoglym glass polish but that doesn't really repel water

I'd rate Ombrello too.

We did a group buy on it ages ago. I think it's more expensive than RainX but people tend to think it's better.

Jon (TaviaRS) wrote a review about it I think. Edit: he did, and here it is: http://www.briskoda.net/reviews/showproduct.php?product=327&sort=7&cat=79&page=1 :)

I still got my 2nd pot of ombrello here - which I think will probably get put on pretty soon. My first coat is starting to get a bit shabby after 15000 miles. :) Must remember to use the glass cutter first to remove EVERYTHING off the screen prior to application ;)

If anyone does a dayrip to Calais, the rainex and anti mist ( as sold in half fords ) is 2/3rds the price.

i got 2 of each from the hypermarket on the outskirts and am just into the 2nd bottles.

Steve

If anyone does a dayrip to Calais' date=' the rainex and anti mist ( as sold in half fords ) is 2/3rds the price.

i got 2 of each from the hypermarket on the outskirts and am just into the 2nd bottles.

Steve[/quote']

what one, I am off to Calais tomorrow.

would it repel the fine mist that always develops on the rear fabia screen in the slightest wet conditions? probably the most annoying thing about the car(yes i know there is a rear wiper but it doesnt clear often enough on intermittent wipe) and well worth the outlay of 18 quid if it works in this respect.

would it repel the fine mist that always develops on the rear fabia screen in the slightest wet conditions? probably the most annoying thing about the car(yes i know there is a rear wiper but it doesnt clear often enough on intermittent wipe) and well worth the outlay of 18 quid if it works in this respect.

It works by causing the water to bead so there are cases where you need to use the wipers (or go a bit quicker ;)) because the water is too fine. Not sure about Ombrello, but I'd imagine it works the same.... However, for us lazy people, one application that lasts 20k miles, sounds ideal ;)

I noticed the fine mist of water on the rear window in my Fabia and just clear it with the heated rear window....

Chris

ombrello not advised on rear screen as it relies on the rushing wind over the glass to move the water - the rear screen doesn't really get this (the opposite I think) so ombrello is useless. Best to do windscreen and front side windows only. oh, and the wing mirror glass too. :thumbup:

I've been really impressed with the length of time my first coat of ombrello has lasted! :D

I was thinking more of Ombrello must be cheaper in france. We've got more booze at home to keep George Best busy for some time.

Ombrello it made in the uk and available by mail order. If you want it chirpy chirpy then it's rain-x that you will have to get abroard.