Ive done a bloody stupid thing...

MJallday

ive sold my Vrs :(

fortunately i can still be a member of briskoda as ive got a 1.4i fabia :) - but ive had to bow to wifey pressure. basically the furby was too small for all of the newborns stuff, meaning we couldnt go away anywhere on hols. so ive bought a spanking new Focus C Max.. anyone got any experience of these?

its a sad day...

MJ

Yup, nice for what they are :)

Don't suppose you got the 2.5 5 cyl turbo, eh?

AFAIK that engine is not fitted to the C-Max ,

S-Max , Mondeo and of course Focus ST only

no just the 1.8 zetec. i did t/drive the 2.0i tiptronic but wifey didnt like the auto box and the only one they could get within a decent timescale wsa the 1.8... on the plus side i did get them down to 6.5k off the list price, so basically thats a brand new car for just over £11k. managed to get the metalic paint, fuel and mats thrown in as well. i have to say it does looks good with the tinted windows and Focus ST alloys :D but its still a sad day.

the reason behind the MPV is that we go away to cornwall a fair bit (2nd house down there). so we wanted something to comfortably fit babys stuff, luggage plus surfing stuff.

we did look at the Mitzo Lancer and it was a bit to small, i would have liked the octavia but the guy in the local showroom was so obnoxious (it has to be said its not the usual service i recieve from them) that we went elsewhere. i feel sad to be loosing the vrs - for the first time im genuinely gutted to be selling a car.

Well i ditched my 07 plate ford focus tdci for the octavia vrs tdi

reasons: bigger boot on octavia

better quality on octavia

very poor ford service

poor value for money on the ford

poor reliabilty on the ford

I've had to endure a ford focus since 2000 in many forms and the price has gone up but the quailty, reliabilty and dealerships have gone down.

I hope you have better dealings with the dealership network than me and better realiabilty than i did. My cars have all been leased so it was a "no problem fix it what ever the price" but i still got poor service from my 5 local ford dealers.

so ive bought a spanking new Focus C Max.. anyone got any experience of these?

Sorry - not good news from me...

Had an 04 reg 2.0 Ghia from new. Was nice to drive but had lots of problems with it.

My wife's company uses them as company cars (used to have Focuses, then Meganes). Think the company picked them for the huge discount and because there's no drop to the floor when getting heavy equipment in and out. They've got a low in the range 90PS 1.6 diesel and all hate them! Can't get comfortable, visibility horrendous if they're short and have numerous problems. They've all got sat nav fitted and most still take their own tomtoms out with them as the Ford satnav is completely unreliable (sends them off in random directions and often the screen goes blank!)

Hope you have better luck with yours.

the reason behind the MPV is that we go away to cornwall a fair bit (2nd house down there). so we wanted something to comfortably fit babys stuff, luggage plus surfing stuff.

we did look at the Mitzo Lancer and it was a bit to small, i would have liked the octavia but the guy in the local showroom was so obnoxious (it has to be said its not the usual service i recieve from them) that we went elsewhere. i feel sad to be loosing the vrs - for the first time im genuinely gutted to be selling a car.

We don't like nasty stealers here, name and shame..............

AFAIK that engine is not fitted to the C-Max ,

S-Max , Mondeo and of course Focus ST only

And the Kuga.. :rubchin: it's slightly down on power in that though.

no just the 1.8 zetec. i did t/drive the 2.0i tiptronic but wifey didnt like the auto box and the only one they could get within a decent timescale wsa the 1.8... on the plus side i did get them down to 6.5k off the list price, so basically thats a brand new car for just over £11k. managed to get the metalic paint, fuel and mats thrown in as well. i have to say it does looks good with the tinted windows and Focus ST alloys but its still a sad day.

I quite like the look of them and SWMBO liked the interior but not the exterior, I couldn't bring myself to get an MPV mini or otherwise. Sounds like you got your self a good bargain there, plenty to be had if your prepared to haggle abit. :)

i would have liked the octavia but the guy in the local showroom was so obnoxious (it has to be said its not the usual service i receive from them) that we went elsewhere. i feel sad to be loosing the vrs - for the first time im genuinely gutted to be selling a car.

Funny the same thing happened to me with the Skoda dealer here :rolleyes: twice! :rolleyes:

Enjoy the new car. :D