Dimming mirrors and tinted side and back windows

Hi guys

I'm thinking about putting foil to back and side windows of my Octavia II, so side and back windows would be dark/darker, and you couldn't see (at least not that much) what's inside of car. I'm sorry but my English is far from great, so I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

Now my question is how would this influence dimming mirrors (rear and wing mirrors). Does anyone have any experiences with this?

Thanks for help,

primoz

My Octavia (Elegance) is 2007, and has all 3 dimming mirrors. I would somehow think there shouldn't be problem with rear view mirror, but I don't know about wing mirrors. So I rather ask here, before I would go and darken windows and only then notice that dimming mirrors don't work anymore :)

Sunset glass on rear and side windows cuts down night time dazzle from vehicles behaind to the point where my rear view mirror auto dim function is not needed.

Sadly no effect to wing mirrors you still get dazzled, just wish there was an auto dim option for wing mirrors!

I have put the oe sunshades on my car...and my interior mirror and my wing mirrors hardly ever dim now.

They are both linked...so if you interior mirror doesn't dim, neither will your wing mirrors.

The factory fit sunset glass doesnt seem to affect the performance of the auto dimming mirror but its not a particularly dark tint. Mine is a March 07 L&K so I don't have the dimming door mirrors (boo!) but blue tinted efforts.

As long as you dont go mad with the level of tint you should be OK.

I have a 2008 O2 (Belgium, deliverd 10/2008) and has 3 auto dimming mirrors. I have 85% tinted windows.

I thought the mirrors didn't dim fast enough. So I took some dark nail polish from my wife a darkend the light sensor on the back of the interior mirror. So now the car thinks the light from the from is darker then it actually is, so the mirrors dim faster.

I have a 2008 O2 (Belgium, deliverd 10/2008) and has 3 auto dimming mirrors. I have 85% tinted windows.

I thought the mirrors didn't dim fast enough. So I took some dark nail polish from my wife a darkend the light sensor on the back of the interior mirror. So now the car thinks the light from the from is darker then it actually is, so the mirrors dim faster.

How does that affect the automatic wipers and tunnel lights?

Thought they used the same sensors?

No, the sensor for the lights is somewhere on the bumper.

The auto wipers sensor is between the front window and the place where the mirror is attached to it, you can't get to it.

If you want to test it, put you over the sensor on the back of the mirror (you can eassliy do this whilst driving), you'll see the mirror darkening but you autolights won't activate.