Slow Throttle Response, Fabia 1.4 16v

I keep stalling my Fabia as the throttle response seems a bit lethargic. Am I going loopy & become a learner driver overnight or is there a problem with the Fabia ? Is there anything I can do to sort this ? I'm sure I've seen a module that can speed up the accelerator response. Anyone know anything about this or got one ? :confused:

Throttle body probably needs a clean - plenty of stuff on here covering that. If that doesn't work, disconnect the battery for an hour so that the ECU 'forgets' all the adaptive programming... :thumbup:

I had a 1.4 16v fabia.. they aren't the quickest engines to respond.. it's fly by wire and as a result they apparently played with the response to make it greener..

Thanks for the replies. I guess that I'll hunt down how to clean out the throttle body...

Has anyone got themodulethat speeds up throttle response though ? It is supposedly aimed at 'fly by wire' throttles so should be ideal for the Fabia ?

:confused:

I think the module you're talking about was only available in Greece? Try a search.

However, I had the same trouble until I got the throttle body initialised (adapted), made a world of difference. You'll need vag com to do it, there's a guide on the ross tech site, again do a search.

Can you remember what that modification cost ? I've found the Sprint Booster over here for just under £200 but I'm loath to spend the money not knowing whether it works :confused: