Dealer Programming / Menu Options

My dealer has now diagnosed the electrical fault on my Superb II Elegance 170CR DSG to a control unit - which has been ordered as there isn't one in the UK at the moment.

Meantime, I've been reading about Menu Options in the manual, which states that there should be a "Footwell Lights Intensity" setting. This is missing on my car, so I'm wondering if this is another of those "not UK specification" items?

I've asked my dealer to programme in the "single delayed wipe" which I had on the Octy when it goes in for the new control unit, as I understand that this is a "dealer programming" option. Am I correct and are there any other such options I should consider, please?

BTW, have the B and I icons in the composition window ceased to work? I'm using HTML to do them at the moment.

Ray

My dealer has now diagnosed the electrical fault on my Superb II Elegance 170CR DSG to a control unit - which has been ordered as there isn't one in the UK at the moment.

Meantime, I've been reading about Menu Options in the manual, which states that there should be a "Footwell Lights Intensity" setting. This is missing on my car, so I'm wondering if this is another of those "not UK specification" items?

I've asked my dealer to programme in the "single delayed wipe" which I had on the Octy when it goes in for the new control unit, as I understand that this is a "dealer programming" option. Am I correct and are there any other such options I should consider, please?

BTW, have the B and I icons in the composition window ceased to work? I'm using HTML to do them at the moment.

Ray

Ray - this is most interesting....

when i went though the period of lots of electrical gremlins I experienced the "footwell lights" option appearing on the menu. It only appeared briefly and annoyingly disappeared after I had fiddled with it to turn the footwell lights off (just to see what it looked like). This meant i ended up with them off and could not turn them back on as the menu item had gone. I had to get the dealer to reset them to 100% intensity.

also - wiper option. I asked the dealer to enable this function and they tried but could not do it, they said it was not possible.

• 5 months later...

All is there a way to turn on the footwell lights as required when driving or to have them turned on all the time. Stuff is always falling on the floor in the back and the light would be handy to see the floor.

Any Ideas

Ray

I have had no problem with the "Footwell Lights Intensity" settings, they can be set + or - % as required.

No problems with B & I in firefox.

Since this old thread has been resurrected, it's appropriate to update it. My dealer has programmed the wipers as I asked, no problem, Jonathan - time for another visit to your guys!

I've never seen the "Footwell Lighting Intensity" option in my menus since I've had the car. Perhaps you'd be kind enough to look to see whereabouts it is for me, in the menu structure please, Spectrum.

Thanks! :)

Ray

Footwell intensity

Setup then lights & vision , third item down is footwell lights select that and you can turn them on and off and vary the intensity at 5% intervals

I had this menu,but about a few weeks ago it just vanished :thumbdwn: Anyone knows a way to make it appear again?I did a DTC on the Cent Elect and there I found an error regarding the footwell lightning,I cleared the error,it never appeared again but still no menu :rotz:

I forgot,these lights work even with that error,and even with the menu gone.

• 3 years later...

Guys i have the exact Same problem i have 2010 Superb and my dad 2012 same car .... but his has footwell light intencity and mine doesnt? why am i missing it ? i only ask as i now installed led lighting and the footwell lights arent that bright .. any Help would be great :)