Fabia Rear brake caliper reset tool number

giandougl

Hello To One and All.

I know that a Caliper reset tool must be used generally to push rear brake piston back into its housing, whilst turning it clockwise.

Question is does anyone have a tool number for this specific tool?

I have asked 'Laser' about their 'Laser 1314' tool and the man said that my 2005 Skoda Fabia VRS was not listed.

He further asked, if I would supply a photo and some dimensions, as they have tool ends that fit the end of the 'Laser 1314' with a 3/8 square slot.

Laser tools advertise their 'Laser 1314' fit european cars and have 2 types of fittings with pins/lugs that locate depressions in the piston head.

I noted two raised 1/2 moon shapes on edge of piston head, with no depressions for pins/lugs to locate.

Can anyone please throw some light on this subject of tool number and makers name perhaps.

Information supplied will be more than gratefully appreciated.

Ian. 25/03/2009

the VRS might not be listed, but that Laser tool should work on the Fabia

Hello ric04vrs,

Many thanks for your input.

I just been to my local motor factor supplier and he said the 'Laser 1314' is not listed as to cover my Fabia VRS, and is highly unlikely will do the job intended.

Don't particularly want to buy something costing £17-£20.00 to find out it won't do the job.

There must be someone on this 'Briskoda' site that has bought a relatively priced Caliper reset tool, under £30.00 ????

Advised me to do an internet search, which seems the only option at present.

But I think, on reflection, when we have a fine day, I shall remove rear caliper thoroughly clean, then take some photos and dimensions.

I may even set about making my own template to screw the piston head, with an adaption to depress the piston.

I have had rear discs and pads replaced 12 months ago, so have 12 months to manufacture a tool, before needing it to do the job again, because of the rust factor.

Ian. 26/03/2009:D

Edited by giandougl

I just been to my local motor factor supplier and he said the 'Laser 1314' is not listed as to cover my Fabia VRS, and is highly unlikely will do the job intended.

which vehicles is it listed to work on ?

VW Golf, Bora, Passat, that sort of thing ?

if so then they have the same rear calipers (in most cases) as the Fabia VRS , as does the Fabia 1.9TDI elegance with the lower power 100bhp engine

if you buy it from Halfords , or even a factor ,and it doesn't fit/work , just return it , simple as

i used a laser wind back tool a few weeks ago and it worked fine dont know the number of the top of my head but will have a lookie when i do to my parents this weekend

Hello spudgun,

Would really appreciate that, what a relief to get some good help.

Will keep my eye open for your reply.

Thanks again for advice.

Ian. 27/03/2009

which vehicles is it listed to work on ?

VW Golf, Bora, Passat, that sort of thing ?

if so then they have the same rear calipers (in most cases) as the Fabia VRS , as does the Fabia 1.9TDI elegance with the lower power 100bhp engine

if you buy it from Halfords , or even a factor ,and it doesn't fit/work , just return it , simple as

Hello ric04vrs,

Two things, first on back of 'Laser 1314' packet it does not quote VW nor Skoda, being a vehicle that it fits.

Secondly, to open 'Laser 1314' packet you must remove staples, which is OK if you are careful not to damage packaging then, replace staples which always seem industrial size, which seem to snap when rebent, back into bent shape.

Thanks for your valued input though, I really do appreciate all help given.

Best Regards.

Ian. 27/03/2009

If the tool is listed for the golf, octavia etc then it will work.

I have the genuine tool at work an it fits all.

Hello Lummox,

If at your place of work, have this tool, would there be any chance of running down its makers name and tool number please.

Being (I assume a garage) its possible they have a box/set of these tools that will cover multiple vehicles and would cost a pretty penny to purchase one.

Please read my last entry for further latest information.

Many thanks for your help.

Best Regards.

Ian. 27/03/2009

just got off the fone to my dad and this is the one i have

laser 1314 suitable for

fords

mazdas

mitsubushi

toyotas

hondas

jaguars

nissans

rovers

subarus and other abs equipped vehicles

this is the one i used buddy it is a little bit fiddly but done the job fine on mine and mine is an 06 vrs

cost about 20 squid

hope this helps

just got off the fone to my dad and this is the one i have

laser 1314 suitable for

fords

mazdas

mitsubushi

toyotas

hondas

jaguars

nissans

rovers

subarus and other abs equipped vehicles

this is the one i used buddy it is a little bit fiddly but done the job fine on mine and mine is an 06 vrs

cost about 20 squid

hope this helps

Hello Spudgun,

At last you have shed light on my darkness, many,many thanks for your help of assistance.:thumbup:

Would you do me one last favour, em, would you put this recent fact somewhere it could be ready available on this site, for the next person wanting to know what I did??

em, I'm not too hot where to put stuff in as a thread or something, I'm sure this question will be asked again, and I can't take any glory for it.

Many thanks for your time and effort Spudgun.

Best Regards Ian. 30/03/2009:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Agree with the above, 1314 is the one and I have done both octavias and fabias with it.

Hello Bigw2069,

Thanks for your valued addition of information, it may seem an obvious question to ask a motor factor and even a tool manufacturer such as Sealey and Laser, for their application to do this job. BUT!!!

Sealey has yet to get back to me from technical dept. with Laser Technical dept. requiring a photo and dimensions of caliper piston etc, sent to them.

I have thanked Spudgun being the first to identify the "Laser 1314" (with its double headed adaptor) to me, but none the less, you deserve a well earned thank you, for taking the time and effort to inform me.

This is not Bullsh@t as I'm not one for dishing it out.

Sealey got back to me, and they said there isn't a tool available from them, I did mention the "Laser 1314" would fit, (to which he chatted about possible piston DIY adaptions.)30/03/2009

Best Regards:):thumbup::thumbup:

Ian. 30/03/2009

Edited by giandougl