Project "This is staying standard" - My Fabia

DayVe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I cant wind them too low Callum! :mad:

Im use to rolling my Golf low so the daily side of things isnt a problem, but where i work is speed bump heaven. Our car park is OTT littered with them . . . Including to metal ones at the entrance with pop up spikes! :worried:

Basically, im gonna drive to work Saturday night. Put the car over the bump and then wind them down as far as they can go without the spikes ripping the car to pieces! Its probably gonna make the coilovers pointless - But what the f**k . . . i might not be there forever! :rofl:

I cant wind them too low Callum! :mad:

Im use to rolling my Golf low so the daily side of things isnt a problem, but where i work is speed bump heaven. Our car park is OTT littered with them . . . Including to metal ones at the entrance with pop up spikes! :worried:

Basically, im gonna drive to work Saturday night. Put the car over the bump and then wind them down as far as they can go without the spikes ripping the car to pieces! Its probably gonna make the coilovers pointless - But what the f**k . . . i might not be there forever! :rofl:

I know what you mean, the roads where I live are horrendous, my Golf is slammed, and fag butts feel like speed bumps!:)

I think you'll get away with the Furby running pretty low, as long as you can drop it about 50-60mm it'll make all the difference! Just enough to get rid of that 4x4 look!

I suppose the beauty of coilies is that you can fine tune them to what height you want!

Yeah, definitely.

It'll be going as low as those two speed bumps allow - Other things my McDonalds drive throughs ive, ive already learnt to avoid the hard way (a broken Bora Votex front bumper can vouch for that :rofl: ). So those speed bumps are my only problem.

I cant even park close and walk to work - There are no non private parking areas even close to work! :worried:

Anyways, we'll see how it gets on!

I'm in the same boat buddy, live in a rural area with v v poor roads and my undertray is almost worn through, dont want to take it off as I know the next noise will be metal to tarmac!

Has come to the point where the coilies are coming off and getting replaced with a different brand as the FK's I'm currently running are very 'bouncy'.