NOT for the squeamish!!

Funnily enough I've just been adding some pics to a thread about my car & there's a pheasant in my bumper in that too... I've hit a fox since, so it was just as well I hadn't had the repairs done yet.

I obviously tempted fate the other day ...

I've hit another pheasant, this time on the drivers side,

not as much damage, clearly a softer pheasant...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine told me about the time when he hit something in the road, but carried on for a number of miles because nothing seemed amiss.

When he stopped, someone pointed out that he had a bird wedged underneath his car.

I asked how the person knew that there was a bird underneath, and he said it was because of the 6ft long peacock feathers sticking out from the side of the car!

Apparently, the head of the peacock was 'wrapped' around the exhaust.

A friend of mine picked up his brand new Ford Orion 1.6i Ghia company car (this was a while ago :)) and set off to drive from Basingstoke to Hitchin.

A Pheasant flew up while he was driving up the A1 and hit his windscreen. He arrived at the office with the top of his windscreen sagging in with him and his car interior covered in blood and bits of pheasant.

The windscreen guy arrived, went "yuck" and got his rubber gloves out.

The valeting guy arrived a couple of hours later and refused to touch the car until the windscreen bloke showed him the bits. He was worried that he'd be destroying evidence of a murder after he looked in the car!

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Not that Im lazy, but my bumper still hasn't been repaired! I moved house and SWMBO has had me decorating for the last few weeks.

I have found a plastic welder I used to have for my motorbike fairings and decided to have a go at fixing it myself!

What I need to know is what material the bumpers are made from? Does anyone know?

BTW...Plastic isn't a clever answer!!! :rofl:

Jeez Stu999, for being able to stop in a somewhat controlled manner after that, I'd give you a bloomin medal. That has got to take some cahonies to get back in a car after that.

Glad you are OK after that.

Martin.:thumbup:

The deer was not that big at all. It ran from trees at the side of the dual carriageway. I hit it in lane 1 at about 75mph. I didn't have time to react. The bonnet flew up and went through the windscreen. I did my best to keep the car on the road and ended up stopped in lane 2. The deer was just a pile of guts.

Very scary but common around here.

I really didn't want to see that picture!!!! About a month after I got the Octy I was travelling a narrow road in the dark, when something moved. I hit the anchors, and came to rest with Bambi blinking at me from somewhere VERY close to the front bumper........

Martin,

Yeah I have to admit it crosses my mind that something could run out on me at anytime again. Fingers crossed it doesn't!

If I hadn't kept the car on the road and went off into the trees I most likely be a goner!