New discs and pads - 2001 VRS

I need new discs and pads at the rear. Also need new pads at the front as they seem to be wearing unevenly (pads seem thick towards the inner edge of the disc and thin towards the outer edge, and make nasty noises now and again when cold - hopefully this can be sorted if I get the garage to clean the calipers?) so I guess I may as well go the whole hog and get new front discs as well.

My question what size discs do I currently have? 2001 Octy VRS, 312 (or 288?) front and 256 rear vented?

Wheres the cheapest place to get them from? I'm currently looking at the Mintex ones on eBay. Don't need anything fancy as I don't give the brakes a lot of abuse.

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

The front disks (ventilated) are a dia 312mm x 25mm thick with 5 fixing holes on a 100mm pcd.

Disc Part Number: 8N0 615 301 A ,

Pads Part Number: 1J0 698 151 M

The rear disks (ventilated) are a dia 256mm x 22mm thick with 5 fixing holes on a 100mm pcd.

Disc Part Number: 8N0 615 601 B ,

Pads Part Number: 1J0 698 451 K

I am in the process of replacing mine with the above

(NB: The same numbers apply for yours)

Cheers

Peter

i had ebay QT grooved discs and red stuff pads on the front & green on rear. They can take alot of punishment and are very good at stopping. Multi grooved discs can be loud under extreem braking, buy ebay have drilled & grooved ones on the moment with mintex pads fot about £180 i think?? They look pretty good value

just in the process of doing my fronts.personally id go for a standard disc set up as 312 vented are pretty big/decent in the first instance and a decent set of fast road pads,i will be puttin on mintex m114 fast roads

i wud stay away from drilled discs due to the thermal cracking:thumbdwn:

on GSF is this the correct one?

P/N 62428 BRAKE DISC-REAR VENT 256mm OCTAVIA RS PR-2ED

Hi,

I dont know if that was a general question or to me, sorry I have no experience of using GSF products so cant really comment. I know quite a few on here do use their products and have no problems.

Maybe doing a search can shed some light.

Peter

Hi,

I dont know if that was a general question or to me, sorry I have no experience of using GSF products so cant really comment. I know quite a few on here do use their products and have no problems.

Maybe doing a search can shed some light.

Peter

sorry i was hoping generally someone might know. think ill get someone to do them for me as im feeling lazy anyway.

i had ebay QT grooved discs and red stuff pads on the front & green on rear. They can take alot of punishment and are very good at stopping. Multi grooved discs can be loud under extreem braking, buy ebay have drilled & grooved ones on the moment with mintex pads fot about £180 i think?? They look pretty good value

i've just had that setup delivered today, have to say the quality looks spot on! i'll let you know what they are like when they're on!

I've just ordered the solid, high carbon Brembo front discs from GSF (60192). I was going to go for the grooved Ebay discs but didn't know if i could stand the noise of them under braking. I will be going for the Black Diamond Predator pads to compliment the Brembo discs.