Photo comp

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also nice to see pictures of a VRS with a bit of dirt on it, show's they have a nice used look, i.e. out on the road and being enjoyed :D

Thats not a patch on how filthy it is normally... :rofl:

I try to enjoy the car more than worry about how it looks - it was going around for the last couple of weeks or so with 'Briskoda.net', 'My other car is Crap', 'Durex', and 'I wish I had a Sponge' written into the dirt on the back... :rolleyes::rofl:

Couldnt resist having another go of a B&W converstion of djgritts photos, his VRS comes out really well when its dirty :) Let me know if you want it removed djgritt.

Not fussed by it being up atall! Only reason i haven't put it up is because i promised not to post whore any more on this one :P

That is all now, i promise! :o
thanks harrysprout and damo. I did some of djgritts others too, djgritt take great photos of his car :D

i'll have to update my collection shortly then... ;)

Oh and thanks everyone with the positive comments, good to see my attempts getting a positive response! :)

• 1 month later...

I've kept noticing Race Blue not looking as good as it does on the web as in real life or in Photoshop. I've found the fix. You need to enable Color Profiles support in Firefox. Simply enter about:config in the address bar and change the setting gfx.color_management.enabled from false to true. I guess you need to restart then. Alternatively just intall this addon which lets you toggle it via a gui.

It really improves most photos on the web, making the colours much truer and deeper.

I can't get over the difference that makes. Try opening a photo of a race blue car in firefox with that setting enabled and open the same photo in internet exporer next to it. It looks almost turqoise in IE.

Thanks to wega3k for resurrecting this.

I had nothing to add in April but with a few days good weather up here recently I have a couple to throw into the non-Vrs mix:

4314_103957897353_544677353_2734146_2343720_n.jpg

4785_110218622353_544677353_2833305_7720678_n.jpg

Niall